Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Limiting the speed of my truck

Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
it looks stock, but with a little zest
zach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: zach
zach nunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to zach nunes
Limiting the speed of my truck

Long story short, I have a loud manual truck and that leads to a lead foot problem. Does anyone know of a way to limit the speed of the truck ? My original thought was just ring and pinion it. I am really not responsible or mature enough to stop screaming down a carless/lifeless straight.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach nunes View Post
Long story short, I have a loud manual truck and that leads to a lead foot problem. Does anyone know of a way to limit the speed of the truck ? My original thought was just ring and pinion it. I am really not responsible or mature enough to stop screaming down a carless/lifeless straight.
The easiest mod is just to not step on the gas that hard.

To get my mind off speeding I use cruise control Religiously.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
sell truck buy smart car or prius?
the cheapest route would be to just ease off the throttle, enjoy the scenery and views and just relax a little behind the wheel.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
EG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of lightEG555 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Edgar
EG555's Tacoma Gallery
Keep doing it until something pops. Then you won't have to worry about speeding again.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
there is medication for this, please make an appointment with a good psychiatrist...
Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
I see where this thread is going...
Old 04-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
Can't tell if serious.
X2

I suggest a ban to be on the safe side
Old 04-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #10
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest removing your testicles and gas pedal.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #12
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
On the off chance OP is serious about modding to keep his speed low...

http://www.speedlimitersusa.com/imag...L_11072011.pdf
Old 04-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Do the reverse Short Round Mod.

Tie the block to the bottom of the pedal.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #15
the logical one
fixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfixer5000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
fixer5000's Tacoma Gallery
block under go pedal
Old 04-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #16
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery

Another "Can't get this sticker off" thread?
Old 04-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #18
zach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedzach nunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yes it is a very odd request, but I am fully serious. Sounds stupid but it is worth asking if they do make some kind of governor. plus its a truck for god sake I don't know why they make them top out at 115 anyway, but my stupidity causes me to hammer down anyway.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiveOn View Post
OP, how old are you? I'm thinking 16

This thread makes my head hurt
early 20s dear god if I had a license at 16...noooo
Old 04-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #20
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach nunes View Post
early 20s dear god if I had a license at 16...noooo
If you had your license at 16 this would be out of your system by now and you could be a safe adult driver like the rest of us