Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dealership installed lift, what did you pay?

Old 04-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
steve45058 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
steve45058's Tacoma Gallery
Dealership installed lift, what did you pay?

Hey guys, so I have the mod bug and my truck has 150 miles lol. I really want to get a lift on my truck, but I don't want to void the warranty. I know there's a good amount of people that went to the dealership and had them install the lift to not void any warranties.

How much did you guys pay for the dealership to install your lift? I was planning on buying the parts and going to the dealership to have them install it so I don't get raped on product prices.

Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Stop being a weenie and install your own lift.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Stop being a weenie and install your own lift.
Haha probably coming from a person who never had a problem with their truck. But what if you did. I guarantee you would be pissed if the dealership voided ur warranty because of the lift
Old 04-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve45058 View Post
Haha probably coming from a person who never had a problem with their truck. But what if you did. I guarantee you would be pissed if the dealership voided ur warranty because of the lift

Old 04-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
Installing a lift does not void your warranty. Use the search function there is a million topics on this
Old 04-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
All I Do Is Nguyen
gym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shedgym_jamz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
gym_jamz's Tacoma Gallery
--- MAGNUSON MOSS WARRANTY ACT ---

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov . If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov .
Old 04-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
Oh wow. I had no idea about that. Thanks for that info j.nguyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nguyen View Post

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov . If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov .
Old 04-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.nguyen View Post

This is the word that makes me hope I don't ever have to use this act as a defense. It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to say that aftermarket parts contribute to a problem happening. Lift=more stress on many suspension components, big tires= more strain on driveline components/engine working harder...
Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbcolt View Post
This is the word that makes me hope I don't ever have to use this act as a defense. It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to say that aftermarket parts contribute to a problem happening. Lift=more stress on many suspension components, big tires= more strain on driveline components/engine working harder...
Exactly. Getting the dealership to honor the warranty when they don't want to can be more time consuming and expensive than just paying them.

Magnusson Moss is nice on paper, like a lot of things.

This is why the OP should install his own lift...so he can begin the process of fixing his own problems on the thrifty side rather than being hooked on the dealer tit.