Notices

Clank !

Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
the dude man is on a distinguished road
the dude man's Tacoma Gallery
Clank !

Hi,
2009 DCSB V6 4x4.

When I change from drive to reverse and then touch the brakes a get a very perceptible clank (metal on metal) noise from directly under the truck. And then when I go back to drive and coast for a bit ant then touch the brakes I get another clank. But I only get the clank the first time I touch the brakes, after that I hear nothing... I can reproduce the noise every time.

I'm stumped. Brakes feel fine.

I have had quite a few instances of what I thought were transmission slips recently, but now I'm wondering about a bad tps or dirty throttle body causing the engine to rev suddenly... I don't think that is related to the clank but who knows....

any ideas? Maybe I'll put up a video..
Old 04-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
the dude man is on a distinguished road
the dude man's Tacoma Gallery
I looked around and it looks like its the brakes...something sticking I guess...
Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
the clank from the brakes is due to the brake pads shifting. It's common. I'm not sure if anyone has come up with a solution.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #4
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Not helping, but my first gen also makes a clank in when I hit the brakes after backing up. I am pretty sure it is the rear drum brakes, I don't know why it would do it in drive though.