Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should I Equalize the Lift With Width?

Old 04-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
2wheelnut is on a distinguished road

Name: Angelo
2wheelnut's Tacoma Gallery
Should I Equalize the Lift With Width?

I just recently put a 2.5" lift on my truck with Toyo A/T II's and am debating wheel spacers to keep me from rolling over when off road. I currently have TRD FJ's and they poke out just a bit.

Are spacers more for looks or will it help out?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldnt run spacers just because they are not good for a vehicle and put a lot of stress on the axle housing and hubs
Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #5
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelnut View Post
265/75/16 as it was the majority for no rub and good off road performance.
Putting spacers on my introduce a rub
Old 04-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5995 View Post
i wouldnt run spacers just because they are not good for a vehicle and put a lot of stress on the axle housing and hubs
I figured this, I found Bora spacers at .750 but figure this would still stress components.

Feels a bit top heavyish now is all and some of the trails I hit already gave me some pucker factor when stock.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Putting spacers on my introduce a rub
Oh, I didn't know that. Some folks mention it for 285's to relieve rubbing. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, I didn't know that. Some folks mention it for 285's to relieve rubbing. Thanks!
That is to keep the 285's from rubbing the UCA on the inside of the tire

Adding spacers to your current wheel could produce a rub on the inner / outer fender
Old 04-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I figured this, I found Bora spacers at .750 but figure this would still stress components.

Feels a bit top heavyish now is all and some of the trails I hit already gave me some pucker factor when stock.
idk what kind of trails you go on but one of my customers access cab second gen has 6 inch lift and 3 inch body on 35 and he does some stupid stupid stupid shit with it and never had a problem with it being too top heavy
Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #10
Rabid Conservative
majorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shedmajorhavok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike in Cali..
majorhavok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
idk what kind of trails you go on but one of my customers access cab second gen has 6 inch lift and 3 inch body on 35 and he does some stupid stupid stupid shit with it and never had a problem with it being too top heavy
He's Canada'ian. Don't argue with him.. you'll be covered in snow-regret.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
Who's Canadian ?
Old 04-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #12

Quote:
I had to laugh and now my co workers are looking at me crazy. But that does make me feel a whole lot better. Now I can save $ for other mods!
Old 04-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorhavok View Post
lol Truckee is east from me in CAlifornia.