Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Mudding?

Old 04-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Justin Calhoun is just really niceJustin Calhoun is just really niceJustin Calhoun is just really niceJustin Calhoun is just really nice
Name: Justin
Justin Calhoun's Tacoma Gallery
Mudding?

Anyone know how well a 2WD V6 will handle in mud? Got some mud on my property but not sure how it'll do.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how bad it is, but if you hit it fast enough I am sure you will get through!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Calhoun View Post
Anyone know how well a 2WD V6 will handle in mud? Got some mud on my property but not sure how it'll do.
Will get u through everything,

all the way to the scene of the towing/winching.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
tn2012taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Nathan
tn2012taco's Tacoma Gallery
It's very dependent on the tires and whether you have the TRD off road package with the locking rear. If you've got some BFG All Terrains and a rear locker, you should be fine if you know how to drive, but if you've got some Michelins with the SR5 package, you're gonna have a bad time.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Only one way to find out!!! Hammerdown broski
Old 04-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
if you have a locker or limited slip it should do OK, but not like a 4wd.
if you have a tractor or buddy with a 4wd don't be afraid to see what your truck can do, just make sure you clean the suspension really good after youre finished mudding.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
I used to mud pretty successfully in a Dodge D50 2WD. I also used to tear up mud pits and hills in a VW Baja Bug. It all depends on your setup, weight, horsepower and the mud you are in.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
Justin Calhoun is just really niceJustin Calhoun is just really niceJustin Calhoun is just really niceJustin Calhoun is just really nice
Name: Justin
Justin Calhoun's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, I don't have the TRD package. It's just the base PreRunner. But fuck it ha. I ain't scared of getting stuck.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #9
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Will get u through everything,

all the way to the scene of the towing/winching.
lol
Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #10
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Air down and maintain a sensible amount of momentum.....u may be surprised
Old 04-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I went through a 2 foot deep water mud pit in my prerunner several times. I had about 300 pounds in the bed and good tires. I didnt have any problems at all.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #12
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Goes like this, front tires start to sink because they aren't driven, rear tires spin trying to push sinking fronts, truck goes more down then forward. Frame rest's on ground. Phone calls to friends for help.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:22 AM   #13
Common sense isn't very common!
CrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrazyCooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Port Dawgs
Name: Johnathan
CrazyCooter's Tacoma Gallery
i had an 07 TRD Sport 2wd with 32'' Nitto Terra Graplers and i never got stuck. I got in some spots that i had to work for about 10 mins or more to get out of but never had to be pulled out and it really depends on the types of places and mud you are planning on hitting. Just go really fast just kidding