Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Bike Rack

Old 04-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Bike Rack

So this is how I'll be transporting my bikes this summer. It bolts directly to the bed cleats.

PM me if you'd like one.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB Voodoo View Post
So this is how I'll be transporting my bikes this summer. It bolts directly to the bed cleats.

PM me if you'd like one.
Not to be a dick, but what advantage does this rack have over putting the mounts directly onto the bed rails?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Not to be a dick, but what advantage does this rack have over putting the mounts directly onto the bed rails?
It gives you the option of sliding the rack anywhere you want in the bed. Also, if you have a tool box, you can slide it back so you can open the box when the bikes are in the bed.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #4
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhh, I see. Cool Product. Any idea on pricing or availability? Does it come with or without the mounts? Looks like a 9mm skewer in the pics. Anything for us 20mm guys?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #5
Quote:
Ahhh, I see. Cool Product. Any idea on pricing or availability? Does it come with or without the mounts? Looks like a 9mm skewer in the pics. Anything for us 20mm guys?
I'm a 20mm guy myself

It would come with two mounts for 9mm, one powder coated bracket, and all mounting hardware.

An adapter for 20mm or 15mm can be bought online.

I'm thinking $125 for everything.

They are available right now.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #6
Vaginas are rad.

Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm a 20mm guy myself

It would come with two mounts for 9mm, one powder coated bracket, and all mounting hardware.

An adapter for 20mm or 15mm can be bought online.

I'm thinking $125 for everything.

They are available right now.
Sorry about all the questions. Here are a few more. Cleats included or illustration only? Price for the cross bar only? I've got a couple Driveshaft SD's on the truck now.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
Quote:
Sorry about all the questions. Here are a few more. Cleats included or illustration only? Price for the cross bar only? I've got a couple Driveshaft SD's on the truck now.
Cleats not included.

Many different things can be mounted to the bracket.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:06 AM   #8
JpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant futureJpAdct has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement:
JpAdct's Tacoma Gallery
Are you making these? How much?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:10 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JpAdct View Post
Are you making these? How much?
Yes I am. Price is $125 including two fork mounts and all hardware.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #10
Dirtdog0075 is on a distinguished road
Dirtdog0075's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice work. Would Yakima front loader work on that set up with two of your cross bars.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog0075 View Post
Very nice work. Would Yakima front loader work on that set up with two of your cross bars.
It looks like it would.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 04-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #13
Dirtdog0075 is on a distinguished road
Dirtdog0075's Tacoma Gallery
How much for two without the fork mounts?
Old 04-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
Fivespeed is on a distinguished road
Navy: EN2
Fivespeed's Tacoma Gallery
This thread came at a perfect time. I'll be ordering one soon.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #15
mattvt is on a distinguished road
mattvt's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in these with the fork mounts to haul mine and my gf's bikes. I have a tonneau cover though and am worried with the racks on either side that this wouldn't fit. Has anyone here tried this with a tonneau cover? Can I mount it under the cleats instead of on top as you've shown so to avoid the tonneau cover rails?
Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvt View Post
I'm interested in these with the fork mounts to haul mine and my gf's bikes. I have a tonneau cover though and am worried with the racks on either side that this wouldn't fit. Has anyone here tried this with a tonneau cover? Can I mount it under the cleats instead of on top as you've shown so to avoid the tonneau cover rails?
I don't see how my product could work with a cover in place. Are you asking if it can be used with the cover out of the way?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #17
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered two of these on eBay. I'll post pics when I get everything mounted up.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #18
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't see how my product could work with a cover in place. Are you asking if it can be used with the cover out of the way?
I think that's what he means, can you mount it to the bottom of the cleats rather than the top. If you can, do you think there would be enough clearance to close the tonneau while leaving it in place? That's my question, anyway.

Looks like a nice product.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 AM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
I think that's what he means, can you mount it to the bottom of the cleats rather than the top. If you can, do you think there would be enough clearance to close the tonneau while leaving it in place? That's my question, anyway.

Looks like a nice product.
I would have to know the height of the tonneau cover from the top of the bed rails to the bottom of the cover.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #20
I just sold one of these to a guy on eBay whose email starts with "jeeprubicon"....

Looks like he made the switch to the right truck.