1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

exhaust / cold air intake

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Tacodriver03, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Apr 10, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    Tacodriver03

Tacodriver03 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Kings Park
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab with a 5' bed
    i have an 09 double cab tacoma with a 5' bed and the trd off road package i am wondering is the stock exhaust on the truck restricted at all? i am looking to upgrade the exhaust to either a flowmaster or magnaflow and am wondering if its actually worth getting...i am also looking around for a cold air intake but was told that my truck already had a cold air intake stock and that it i would actually lose power by swapping it out :confused:

2. Apr 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    Rillow

Rillow Active Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    SR5 165k+ miles
    Magnaflow 16624 cat-back, TRD rims.
    I can't really find a size that'll fit yours, but I have a magnaflow catback on my 07 access cab and it sounds really awesome going down the road. Gives it a nice punchy feeling when you really let onto the gas.

EDIT:

Gonna quote this from another site:

"Double cab short bed and extra cab regular bed tacomas sit on the same frame. The only thing different is the body and bed, running gear (including the exhaust) is the same. I'm 99.9% sure of it."

So anything will fit (more or less depending on bed size). Like I said I have one on mine (model# in my profile) its most certainly able to be done.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  3. Apr 11, 2013 at 4:14 AM
    Tacodriver03

Tacodriver03 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Kings Park
    Vehicle:
    09 double cab with a 5' bed
    Awesome thanks

4. Apr 11, 2013 at 5:19 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Check out the URD, Magnaflow or TRD Exhaust. Flowmaster would cause you to lose some power. Your truck does have a cold air intake in that it pulls cold air from the fender well. Some of the open filter type cold air intakes can cause you to lose power because it pulls warm air from under the hood. The Volant, 1st Generation TRD, AFE Stage 2Si and the URD true cold air intake are some decent options if you feel the need to upgrade. Adding the URD MAF calibrator to any of those setups can give you some gains also.

Also, the above statement is correct, the access cab and double cab short bed exhausts are interchangable.

URD is Underdog Racing Development and they make good stuff for our Tacomas
    urdusa.com

5. Apr 11, 2013 at 5:22 AM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    For the CAI's, it depends on what specific one you get. The current gen TRD and 1st gen TRD intakes give you a boost, and the AFE stage 2si is the same as the 1st gen TRD. With any of those 3 you won't lose power in any part of the rev band but will definitely add decibels, it's louder if you care about that. A lot of people on here don't like the CAI's but other sites like XR underground and an FJ cruiser forum like them a lot.

Products Discussed in

To Top