Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Possibly selling Tacoma

Old 02-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
smithrw is on a distinguished road
smithrw's Tacoma Gallery
Possibly selling Tacoma

I may be selling my 08 Tacoma 4x4 due to bad knees. Was wondering what is the best way to come up with an accurate selling price. Thanks for your help
Old 02-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
sliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the roughsliverworm is a jewel in the rough

sliverworm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to sliverworm
www.kbb.com
Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
are you selling it for something lower to the ground? I would def keep the tacoma for knee problems. I have knee problems and its easier for me to get in and out of the taco than it was my prelude that was like 6 inches off the ground.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
kbb is a good way to get a price.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
smithrw's Tacoma Gallery
Going to get something lower. Sat in a 4 cyl, Tacoma AND IT SEEMED WAY BETTER FOR ME.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:21 PM   #6
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
trade for a lifted 2wd DC?

just kidding. gl with the sale.
as mentioned before KBB is a good way to get a ballpark price. pick up a truck trader next time you are int he grocery store and check the going price
Old 02-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #7
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
What about a X-Runner?
Old 02-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #8
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
i really trust www.edmunds.com they have been more ideologically correct for me.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #9
smithrw's Tacoma Gallery
Thought about an x runner but I don't want to shift. Did plenty of that about 30 years ago.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #10
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yea. Forgot about the shifting in the x-runner? I'm in the same boat. Living in LA and the traffic here, I walked away from the 5 speed. Good luck w/your hunt.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
KBB is fine and all, as is edmunds. However, shop around on auto trader online, craigslist, cars.com, and see what people are actually asking. If you're serious about selling, put it on the slightly lower side of what's being asked if it's reasonable, and you should get hits pretty quick. At least, in an economy where people were buying vehicles.

Also, if you have any mods... if they're worth some serious cash you're better off returning to stock first. Otherwise they might help you to being a selling point, or they might do the opposite and help you keep people away from it.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:16 PM   #12
smithrw's Tacoma Gallery
no mods except running boards and sub woofer. Only 5,000 miles, sure do hate to give it up. Thanks for all the help!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:01 AM   #13
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Is there any particular reason why it bothers your knees? I think I read somewhere on here that you can lower the seat by trimming a bracket or such, but I could just be blowing smoke...
Old 02-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #14
smithrw's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a fairly short person so I had to but running boards on which did help but still making that first step up is whats giving be the big ouch!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:38 PM   #15
Adrenaline Addict
Mx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMx SuperFly 25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mx SuperFly 25's Tacoma Gallery
good luck w/the knees brother!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #16
smithrw's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks I appreciate it. You'll probly see it posted one of these days.