Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

exhaust manifold nut tq

Old 04-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust manifold nut tq

what is the spec for tq on the exhaust manifolds?

id like to have the info before installing the headers, thanks
Old 04-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
4 or 6 cylinder?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #3
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
4 or 6 cylinder?
4.0 V6

thanks
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 AM   #4
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
My chart shows 46 lb-ft for the exhaust manifold. Sorry so late in responding.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
Wizard Sleeve Master
Amo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAmo-cat3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Amo-cat3's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't torque my longtubes down with a torque wrench on my 4.0. I think a lot of guys don't torque the headers down. It's going to be a pain in the ass just getting in there to tighten them down. Just make sure you follow the torque sequence, start with the inner bolt and follow a clockwise sequence to tighten down. Snug em tight. Did you already take the stock ones out, some of those nuts can be a pain.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #6

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
My chart shows 46 lb-ft for the
exhaust manifold. Sorry so late in responding.
Thank u sir.......no worries
Wait.....I wonder about that number........toyota did such a fantastic job with the u bolt specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amo-cat3 View Post
I didn't torque my longtubes down with a torque wrench on my 4.0. I think a lot of guys don't torque the headers down. It's going to be a pain in the ass just getting in there to tighten them down. Just make sure you follow the torque sequence, start with the inner bolt and follow a clockwise sequence to tighten down. Snug em tight. Did you already take the stock ones out, some of those nuts can be a pain.
Haven't touched anything....
Got an impact and pb blaster for stubborn nuts/bolts
Old 04-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #7

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
does post 12 sound right?

forgive the source

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...?t=5553&page=2