Notices

Radio sounds like crap on AUX

Old 04-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Radio sounds like crap on AUX

My stock radio sounds like crap in my 09 when I plug in my I Phone. Radio and CD sounds normal. I want to use my music on my Phone for my trip to California there are lots of spots with no stations. I am bumming.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is the same way. Crap on aux and a lot quieter when using sat radio. Have to turn it all the way up when using iPod/iPhone and still too soft. I'm just gonna replace my stock radio unless I hear a better option.....
Old 04-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I think the Tacoma stock radios just arent the best quality.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #5
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure the volume on the iPod is all the way up. Control the volume by the radio volumn knob.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
Well I made it alot better on my settings there is a sound check. I turned it off and it is alot better still have to turn the truck radio to max but at least I have bass now.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
TeamBlue
alegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shedalegav is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
alegav's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to alegav Send a message via Yahoo to alegav
Hmmmm sounds odd to me. I have an iPhone 5 and will use AUX cable sometimes (mainly I use Bluetooth audio) The sound quality sounds the same as listening with headphones. I also do not have to turn the volume up to max. It is a bit quieter but probably only by 3-5 levels.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #8
Yep IPhone 5 same one I have if you go to setting on it go to the music tap to open you will see a sound check that must be off to use the aux input or it. Sounds like a 60s transistor radio.I dont have bluetooth on the truck my 2010 tundra did. made a bo bo I have the 4g phone.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
Seer will become famous soon enoughSeer will become famous soon enough
Name: Tom
Seer's Tacoma Gallery
Mine sounds like crap through Blue Tooth, but is great with the Lightning cable and aux.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
harpolith is on a distinguished road

Name: t-man
harpolith's Tacoma Gallery
as far as the volume goes, you may want to check your iPhone/Pod to make sure the volume limiter is not turned on. also, it helps if you have the output volume on high for the device your plugging in, if it isn't already. but yeah, i agree, the sound isn't the same as the radio.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #12
iliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shediliketurtles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
iliketurtles's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2011 and the volume is really low when I use my aux input too. I've tried several different phones and cables with the same result.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #14
lpfm1990 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
lpfm1990's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lpfm1990
from personal exprience at work using my iphone to play music threw my radio since i have zero radio recepition working in a big tin can building, turn your iphone/ipod or what ever to the max volume with the volume limit off, using the side volume control, click it down once or twice, that takes care of the distroation, otherwise, does it sound like crap, and also, buy a better grade cord, the cheap $5-$10 ones, suck, they are just, cheap!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #15
fireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud of
fireroad's Tacoma Gallery
In addition to "sound check" and "volume limit" off, had you tried different settings in the "EQ"? I just leave mine off but there are and number of settings listed and some may sound better than others through the aux. Also try a different cable, radio shack has some pretty good quality ones without paying for the name like Monster.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #16
scotch is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
scotch's Tacoma Gallery
+1