Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Metal Grinding noise during right turns

Old 04-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
Metal Grinding noise during right turns

I've been noticing a loud, metal grinding noise on right turns, during any speed. About 10k miles ago I replaced the wheel bearing,axle and diff sleeve. The problem popped up out of nowhere.

Ive checked for rubbing and cant see anything out of the normal. If i jack up up the front and turn the wheels the noise isn't present. It seems there needs to be some sort of load on the wheel.
I attached a video to help describe my issue. Ill apologize for some wind noise in advance, i didn't take that into consideration.
link to video
http://youtu.be/Wh_3STaiX0A
Old 04-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
surfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
anyone?
Old 04-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Silver Streak is on a distinguished road
Silver Streak's Tacoma Gallery
Could be your breaks or a cv joint.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
08TacoTrD is just really nice08TacoTrD is just really nice08TacoTrD is just really nice08TacoTrD is just really nice08TacoTrD is just really nice
08TacoTrD's Tacoma Gallery
My first guess is the dust shield on the disc brakes rubbing or vibrating?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
Jetman1979 is on a distinguished road
Navy: E-6 retired
Name: Michael
Jetman1979's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like your tire is rubbing some sheetmetal.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #7
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Just had the same exact issue..

Check heat shield on gas tank by front drive shaft..
Old 04-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #8
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys i will take a look..
Old 04-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #9
harpolith is on a distinguished road

Name: t-man
harpolith's Tacoma Gallery
2012 double cab. just noticed the same thing yesterday, but mine sounds like it's on the right front wheel.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:45 AM   #10
surfrat's Tacoma Gallery
Guys, i figured it out.. the dust shield on the wheel was rubbing the back of the rotor VERY slightly. Quick little tap and the noise is gone.