Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Increasing MPG

Old 12-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #21
tervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to alltervanun is a name known to all

Name: Danny
tervanun's Tacoma Gallery
+++++++++++++ for the tire pressure
I had my KM2's at 42 up front and 39 in back,
the dealer put them back at like the 32 or whatever
stock pressures and I instantly noticed the drop in mpg!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #22
4drTaco is on a distinguished road
EMS: Deckhand
Name: Jon
4drTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Gauges

Many talk about gauges helping and I see nothing about an Ultra-gauge... Just bought a UG and save $100 compared to ScanGauge and UG also has code reader and clearing abilities + 75 possible gauges to choose over 7 pages with nice LED display small and comes with mount @
Ultra-Gauge.com
Old 02-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #23
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4drTaco View Post
Many talk about gauges helping and I see nothing about an Ultra-gauge... Just bought a UG and save $100 compared to ScanGauge and UG also has code reader and clearing abilities + 75 possible gauges to choose over 7 pages with nice LED display small and comes with mount @
Ultra-Gauge.com
Might be because this thread was started 2 years ago... I agree though, the Ultragauge is a nice tool to make you more aware of your driving habits.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #24
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I have to agree that a light foot is your friend. Mods very rarely pay back. Air filters affect performance far more than mileage. I take mine out and blow it off now and then. Replace about every 20k. Do not notice any diff in MPGs.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:27 AM   #25
4x4Taco will become famous soon enough4x4Taco will become famous soon enough

4x4Taco's Tacoma Gallery
The biggest things you can do on these trucks for MPG is as stated before:

1. Run tires are higher pressures.

2. Don't run larger tires..rotational mass has a huge impact on MPG and performance.

Stock tires approx 38lbs.
Typical 265/75/16 is approx 51lbs.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #27
grizzlygoalie is on a distinguished road
grizzlygoalie's Tacoma Gallery
I'll say no to the scangague -
Get yourself a cheap reader and a smart phone.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soliport-ELM...966eed&vxp=mtr

I got this reader $20

and the Tourqe app for my android (the free version) and I get mpgs, avg mpgs, throttle pos and so much more including reading codes, clearing codes ect.

http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Main_Page - this tells you all you need about the app
Old 01-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #28
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Taco View Post
The biggest things you can do on these trucks for MPG is as stated before:

1. Run tires are higher pressures.

2. Don't run larger tires..rotational mass has a huge impact on MPG and performance.

Stock tires approx 38lbs.
Typical 265/75/16 is approx 51lbs.
I ran 10 ply Goodyear MTRs in 265/75/16 and got 20.7 running 75 mph on 2 lane hwy. Did not hurt mine. Now 9" of lift would be another problem.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #29
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
this thread is old..