1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clank sound from P side front End

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Konabomber420, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Apr 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM
    Konabomber420

Konabomber420 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    Sr5 v6
    6" Fabtech K&N intake, Full exhaust, grill, bull bar, nerfs, rhino lined bottom 8" of body, DVD, tint dadadadada...........secret missile pods, smoke screen
    Hello Yota owners. Trying to figure out a clanking sound from my passenger side front end that only shows itself when I start with power or fast from a stop? Tacoma is a manual v6 2006 access cab. Truck has 6" lift w 20" wheels and 35 x 12.5" tires. I know your gonna blame it on the wheels and tires, but Ive done extensive trimming and cutting to the body and even a piece of the body mount and I have eliminated all tire rub completely, I know its not the tires rubbing for sure! I can completely turn the steering wheel and not rub at all. Visual inspection shows nothing out of the ordinary, I recently replaced both CV shafts ad well. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, thanx a million.

2. Apr 11, 2013 at 10:50 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    Either the brake pads sliding back and forth inside the caliper. Or your alignment cam bolts aren't torqued enough. Torque alignment cam bolts n nuts to 100ftlbs, and see if you still here your clank. Only thing you can do for the brakes is replace the hardware. And while your at it, check the torque of all the rest of your suspension nuts n bolts. Good luck

3. Apr 11, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    RyanK1

RyanK1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Penticton, British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.5, TSB rear with block spacer, Procomp ES9000's, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, swaybar removed, DIY HiLift mount, Rear diff breather mod, ABS Kill Switch, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, Superwinch 8500
    X2

4. Apr 12, 2013 at 4:06 PM
    Konabomber420

Konabomber420 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    Sr5 v6
    6" Fabtech K&N intake, Full exhaust, grill, bull bar, nerfs, rhino lined bottom 8" of body, DVD, tint dadadadada...........secret missile pods, smoke screen
    Thanx a lot guys, ill let ya know how it works out!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top