Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TBS rejection from dealer. Need help

Old 04-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
Tacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud of

Army: 14J, 3rd ID
Name: Kessler
Tacoma VT's Tacoma Gallery
TBS rejection from dealer. Need help

I bought a 2010 DCLB TRD Sport ten weeks ago. I found the TSB for the "Rear Spring Harsh Ride" and brought it into my local 802 Toyota dealer. They called me this morning and explained to TSB is voided after 36 months or 36,000 miles. My truck is 38 months with 33,000 miles and "they can't help me". I asled them to provide a letter of rejection. Has anyone run into this problem?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Did you try for the TSB at a different dealer in town?

Sorry I cant provide a better suggestion for now. I think I remember seeing a few threads with similar situation on here though.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Taco View Post
Sounds like you're out of the warranty period
This

Pretty cut and dried , not sure what you are confused about
Old 04-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all03coma is a name known to all

03coma's Tacoma Gallery
As far as my experience with Toyota, once the warranty has expired your done. If you had the complaint logged before the warranty expired now thats a different story.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #6
JUJtacoma2010 is on a distinguished road
JUJtacoma2010's Tacoma Gallery
is there an extended warranty on the truck? I had issues with the dealer getting them to fix the work done of the leaf spring tsb. so i called toyota and they were able to get the dealer to do the job again right.

you could cal and tell them that you have experienced the harsh ride for months and its a safety issue with kids in the truck. call toyota.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUJtacoma2010 View Post
is there an extended warranty on the truck? I had issues with the dealer getting them to fix the work done of the leaf spring tsb. so i called toyota and they were able to get the dealer to do the job again right.

you could cal and tell them that you have experienced the harsh ride for months and its a safety issue with kids in the truck. call toyota.
You can try that, but the paperwork, which has been vetted by lawyers and tested many times already, SAYS 3yr/36k miles. You got lucky that they fixed your situation if you were out of warranty.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #8
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
You might try a different dealership. When I worked at a heavy truck dealership and someone was barely outside warranty on either miles, or time, but was under on the other, we would "policy" repairs. Sometimes corpo would cover all, sometimes partial coverage, sometimes nothing. Also depends a TON on your attitude when you go in, how much they will be willing to help.
I dont know if normal dealers work the same way, but its worth a try.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Sounds like you went to a dealership different than the one you purchased your truck from. If you bought the truck from a Toyota dealership I would highly suggest returning to them and asking them for assistance, selling dealership is more inclined to help when just out of warranty than a dealership you didn't purchase anything from.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #10
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Plead your case with Toyota corporate nicely. If no, get ride rites, better solution anyway.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #11
Tacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud ofTacoma VT has much to be proud of

Army: 14J, 3rd ID
Name: Kessler
Tacoma VT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the suggestions. I've learned nothing is this clear cut. This is the dealership I just bought the truck from, as well as a corolla, and a Tundra in the past few years. I was hoping they would just help me out since I JUST purchased it. This will be my family ride, as I am expecting twins in July. I called corprate, and it sounds like they are working it out. If it doesnt work out, I'll try another dealer, or just upgrade.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #12
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma VT View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I've learned nothing is this clear cut. This is the dealership I just bought the truck from, as well as a corolla, and a Tundra in the past few years. I was hoping they would just help me out since I JUST purchased it. This will be my family ride, as I am expecting twins in July. I called corprate, and it sounds like they are working it out. If it doesnt work out, I'll try another dealer, or just upgrade.
i bought my truck with 36,700 miles on it, 700 miles over the warranty, and i didnt find out about the tsb until then the same day i signed up on here, and i called them the next day, only making it 36,750 miles and they said they wouldnt cover it.

but then i called a dealership about 45 mins away and asked if they would cover it under my extended warranty and they said they would, if thats absolutely true or not, i dont know, i never got around to making it there.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:00 AM   #13
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
My 2008 was brought in at 39,000 miles / 40 months and was granted the TSB for parts as long as I pay labor (around $200).

I would try a different dealer...
Old 04-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #14
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Ryan,

Congrats on the twins I hope everything goes well for you and yours.

You might want to contact the owner or manager and remind them of your past purchases and loyalty to their business and that you don't think in this case you are being treated like a valued customer.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #15
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Go to the top of the selling dealer or until they agree to do it. Toyota is tuff about out of warranty stuff, but do make exceptions... your close enough, just tell them you cant do what you want to do with the truck due to the stock springs and feel its dangerous. This helps a lot...
Old 04-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #16
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma VT View Post
I bought a 2010 DCLB TRD Sport ten weeks ago. I found the TSB for the "Rear Spring Harsh Ride" and brought it into my local 802 Toyota dealer. They called me this morning and explained to TSB is voided after 36 months or 36,000 miles. My truck is 38 months with 33,000 miles and "they can't help me". I asled them to provide a letter of rejection. Has anyone run into this problem?

find better aftermarket springs.

the replacements go to shit too
Old 04-15-2013, 05:01 AM   #17
prerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedprerunner11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
prerunner11's Tacoma Gallery
So they won't even do the TSB if you're paying for parts and labor? Or they just won't do the TSB for free? In other words, is the dealership really turning down money/work? I find that hard to believe.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #18
stewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shedstewartx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stewartx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUJtacoma2010 View Post
(snip) you could cal and tell them that you have experienced the harsh ride for months and its a safety issue with kids in the truck. call toyota.
If you're going to make statements, you had best be able to back it up. Toyota is going to expect paperwork (purchase date, etc) to be submitted. If you claim, for example, you've "experienced the harsh ride for months" (as you say above), and the documentation shows you've only had the vehicle 10-weeks (as the OP said), your credibility and chances of succeeding are right out the window.

Further, Toyota is well aware of the issue. While a harsh ride is an inconvenience, it's not a safety issue. If you claim otherwise, you'll again have to back it up. The kids you mention above, for example, are supposed to be, by law in every state, belted.

In the end, warranty periods are well established and thus will stick. Unless the OP can find a sympathetic dealership willing to stretch the rules (a risk to their credibility and perhaps more), he'll now have to pay for the modification himself.

Personally, since there's no rush (pending warranty expiration, etc) at this point, I'd recommend the OP wait off a while to make sure a softer ride is truly what he wants. Softer springs, for example, will impact both towing and hauling capacity. As a result, it's not hard to find threads in this forum asking how to stiffen the springs.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #19
mcdee is a jewel in the roughmcdee is a jewel in the roughmcdee is a jewel in the rough
Name: mike
mcdee's Tacoma Gallery
If you do get the TSB done is the ride actually softer? I have 12 offroad and always read TW and follow threads and have never quite figured out how exactly ride quality changes on the offroads afterward. I do remember short test drive in a Sport (4 leaf) and ride seemed stiffer, noticed on speed bumps, railroad tracks,etc. I have considered getting this done but hardly ever need for weight capacity but didn't know for sure how ride would change. Doesn't seem like any recent thread on ride, maybe I'll start one with emphasis on ride difference/quality.