Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Feeler: How many 2nd Gen owners are interested in a power sliding window mod kit?

View Poll Results: Would you buy a "hidden" window kit if available?
Absolutely, 100% yes, I would give you my money right now. 275 52.48%
Maybe -- I would have to think about it. 199 37.98%
Neat idea, but it's not for me. 46 8.78%
Not for me, but I know somebody outside of TW who would definitely buy one. 4 0.76%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #301
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Still want one...
Old 07-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #303
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
yours looks great. did you use the same parts as BenWa? you obviously did the full hidden version. I am thinking of doing one myself if i can find the parts and instructions.
Thanks man. Probably the hardest mod so far for me. Yups, fully hidden.

Unfortunately no instruction(s) on installing one of these. Study his new kit that he currently installs and you'll get an idea of how everything goes.

-Honda Ridgeline rear privacy glass regulator
-bicycle brake cable and cable housing
-2 way rocker switch
-add a fuse
-wiring
Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #304
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
Thanks man. Probably the hardest mod so far for me. Yups, fully hidden.

Unfortunately no instruction(s) on installing one of these. Study his new kit that he currently installs and you'll get an idea of how everything goes.

-bicycle brake cable and cable housing
-2 way rocker switch
-add a fuse
-wiring
thanks. do you us any adhesive to attach the regulator to the window? or is it all mechanically bolt on?
Old 07-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #305
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

adio's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-frax View Post
thanks. do you us any adhesive to attach the regulator to the window? or is it all mechanically bolt on?
No adhesive. Made my own bracket that'll attached to the glass. The bracket is small enough that it's hidden. The bracket sits flush on the glass and there's enough room between the bracket and front trim(plastic piece that's in front of the glass), that'll allowed it to slide left and right.

Cables that run inside the channel are attached to both ends of the bracket. Cables then go to the motor.

Pass. side.

Driver side.

This is BenWa's kit. See that long black piece on top, that's the bracket that attaches to the glass. I tried to study it and figure out the design of the bracket. I might have the concept in mine, but have no specials tool or machinery to produce it like he has.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #306
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I am WAY late for the poll but am 110% on either model, just let me know when/how to pay!
EXCELLENT mod!
Ken
Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #307
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. The photos really help make sense of it.

Quote:
No adhesive. Made my own bracket that'll attached to the glass. The bracket is small enough that it's hidden. The bracket sits flush on the glass and there's enough room between the bracket and front trim(plastic piece that's in front of the glass), that'll allowed it to slide left and right.

Cables that run inside the channel are attached to both ends of the bracket. Cables then go to the motor.

Pass. side.

Driver side.

This is BenWa's kit. See that long black piece on top, that's the bracket that attaches to the glass. I tried to study it and figure out the design of the bracket. I might have the concept in mine, but have no specials tool or machinery to produce it like he has.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #308
"Senior", Senior Member
keninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeninsb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Man I hope this mod is still available. I hate to have to spend the money on the CR Laurence thingy.
Ken
Old 07-30-2013, 04:00 AM   #309
TacoMike2008 is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
TacoMike2008's Tacoma Gallery
If the directions are very specific, and have pics (I cant read) I'm IN!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #310
"Senior", Senior Member

keninsb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMike2008 View Post
If the directions are very specific, and have pics (I cant read) I'm IN!!!

I am not sure if he is selling them anymore. I have PMd, posted, etc. and no response. I hope the guy is OK.
Ken
Old 08-13-2013, 03:15 AM   #311

adio's Tacoma Gallery
For those that'll end up doing this mod themselves, highly recommend using a 2004-2010 Sienna rear vent switch. Just got done figuring out the wiring thanks to members JBCjr and Jerez. Installed and mounted in one of the blank slots.

Here's the switch. Got mine at a local auto junkyard, a lot cheaper then eBay.

Here's the pin out and how it should be wired. Looking at the back of the switch as pictured below.

#1______#5
#2______#6
________#7
________#8
#3______#9
#4______#10

Pins #1 and #5 is for illumination- ground and power
Pins #3=12V Power. #9=Ground. Pins #8=Close. #7=Open
*If Open and Close is backwards just switch wires.

I wasn't able to cut the plug from the wreck Sienna that plugs into the switch. So I bought one off of eBay, audio wire harness TWH951.

For the switch to fit snugly and perfectly to one of the blank slots, I had to shave off all side of the switch. Dremel with a sanding drum is perfect for this part.

Before.

After.

Had to also shave down the inside of the blank slot. Taking off little by little and test fitting. Used an exacto knife for this. (Forgot to take a pic of after)

Here it is installed. It takes a couple force to actually push it out from the back. So it's tight and flush.

Here it is illuminated, next to the fog light switch. Probably gonna switch the bulb out to amber.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:41 AM   #312
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For those that'll end up doing this mod themselves, highly recommend using a 2004-2010 Sienna rear vent switch. Just got done figuring out the wiring thanks to members JBCjr and Jerez. Installed and mounted in one of the blank slots.

Here's the switch. Got mine at a local auto junkyard, a lot cheaper then eBay.

Here's the pin out and how it should be wired. Looking at the back of the switch as pictured below.

#1______#5
#2______#6
________#7
________#8
#3______#9
#4______#10

Pins #1 and #5 is for illumination- ground and power
Pins #3=12V Power. #9=Ground. Pins #8=Close. #7=Open
*If Open and Close is backwards just switch wires.

I wasn't able to cut the plug from the wreck Sienna that plugs into the switch. So I bought one off of eBay, audio wire harness TWH951.

For the switch to fit snugly and perfectly to one of the blank slots, I had to shave off all side of the switch. Dremel with a sanding drum is perfect for this part.

Before.

After.

Had to also shave down the inside of the blank slot. Taking off little by little and test fitting. Used an exacto knife for this. (Forgot to take a pic of after)

Here it is installed. It takes a couple force to actually push it out from the back. So it's tight and flush.

Here it is illuminated, next to the fog light switch. Probably gonna switch the bulb out to amber.
Looks good
Old 08-13-2013, 04:40 AM   #313
JBCjr is on a distinguished road
JBCjr's Tacoma Gallery
Sienna Rocker Switch

Adio, Really well done post. Excellent pictures and information! Great post!!!

Like to rep dibble9012, for posting pics and sourcing info on the Sienna Power Vent switch.

BenWa all due Rep, for all of your intensive work. Hope you can get back soon. The demand is not going away.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:37 AM   #314
VitaminB is on a distinguished road
VitaminB's Tacoma Gallery
Adio, that looks really nice; very clean! Has anyone found a switch that will fit snugly in the blanks under the climate controls? I don't have any blanks to the left of the steering column and I'd rather fill one of those blanks before I start cutting holes in my dash.

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #315

adio's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, but props to those that helped with wiring diagram.

VitaminB- couldn't find one that could fit those smaller blank slot, and have that OEM look to it. But I did find this, OTRATTW switch from member krob32. It actually look pretty cool with that switch on there.

Old 09-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #316

adio's Tacoma Gallery
BenWa we need an update on this kit. We know you've been logging in. Much appreciated if you say something about it.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #318
btaco05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtaco05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtaco05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtaco05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtaco05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtaco05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtaco05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtaco05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtaco05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtaco05 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbtaco05 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
btaco05's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, Thank you all for keeping this thread alive. I've been watching and patiently waiting for over 2 years now on this. I too have a DC and I want this BAAADLY. I had hoped for the hidden, but at this point I'll take the semi. I can install myself. Benwa, please give us loyal followers an update, some part numbers, or at least a nod of approval for someone else to carry the banner.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #319
chubrok is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
chubrok's Tacoma Gallery
did anything ever happen with this?
Old 06-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #320
chubrok is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
chubrok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Did you happen to have a part number for this regulator?? I have searched the threads but cannot find it...

Products Discussed in this Thread