LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Feeler: How many 2nd Gen owners are interested in a power sliding window mod kit?

View Poll Results: Would you buy a "hidden" window kit if available?
Absolutely, 100% yes, I would give you my money right now. 275 52.48%
Maybe -- I would have to think about it. 199 37.98%
Neat idea, but it's not for me. 46 8.78%
Not for me, but I know somebody outside of TW who would definitely buy one. 4 0.76%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #22
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathproofduck View Post
100% The only negative i can foresee is the length of time involved for the installation. I am not sure i can free up a solid 4 or 5 hrs to do this, and even our minimum shop rate is 45.00 per hr. That could get expensive. I would love to see an edited install video.
FWIW, I have done one of these installs inside of 2 hours. All depends on your mechanical inclination. Also, the time consuming part is doing the wiring/switch hookup, which a car audio shop could do for you. The installation of the motor gizmo itself generally will take less than an hour.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #23
yotaco.orig805 is on a distinguished road
yotaco.orig805's Tacoma Gallery
I said maybe when I really meant yes 100% !!!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #24
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaco.orig805 View Post
I said maybe when I really meant yes 100% !!!
That's cool, I voted 100% yes too, but I already have one so you can use my vote.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #25
cwbys54 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Retired Submarine Sonar Technician
Name: Tim
cwbys54's Tacoma Gallery
100% Yes!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #26
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
how does it unlock the window?
Old 04-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #27

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
how does it unlock the window?
The latch is disabled, either by propping it in the unlatched position or by removing the latch altogether (see video in the OP to see what it looks like without latch).

The kit does not reduce the security or weather-tightness of the window. In fact, it is arguably more secure against break-ins than the stock non-powered slider. It cannot be forced open, much in the same way that none of the other power windows in your truck can be forced open.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #28
Balot64 is on a distinguished road

Navy: ASC
Balot64's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Count me in, I've been waiting for this version.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #29
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
I absolutely LOVE it!!! Great job on the invention, everything looks very professional, if I could have it installed I would easily pay $400 complete,I just know I would f@$k it up though,I don't trust myself
btw,I love where you choose to put the switch!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #30

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalimited View Post
I absolutely LOVE it!!! Great job on the invention, everything looks very professional, if I could have it installed I would easily pay $400 complete,I just know I would f@$k it up though,I don't trust myself
btw,I love where you choose to put the switch!
Thanks!

I have been exploring the likelihood of custom auto trim types of shops (such as those that install aftermarket sunroofs, etc) being willing/able to do the installation. So far, a couple of shops local to Seattle said they would be able to install these kits, but I haven't ventured outside of my local area yet.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #32
Grumpy old man - get off my lawn
rleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant futurerleete has a brilliant future
Name: Roger
rleete's Tacoma Gallery
Take my money already.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #33
RobbyBobbySWBlue is on a distinguished road

Army: OIF 2004-2005
Name: Rob
RobbyBobbySWBlue's Tacoma Gallery
Great invention

Great invention, would be a great mod just not sold on the price. Maybe a Group-Buy price would be better, Or more likely that I'm just to Damn cheap!!!

Opinions are like A-holes though RIGHT
Old 04-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #34

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBobbySWBlue View Post
Great invention, would be a great mod just not sold on the price.
Fair enough!

But in case you are not already aware, compare to the price of the next closest product:

http://www.glasswarepro.com/2221551-item-EPC1510S-CRL-2005-Toyota-Tacoma-Perfect-Fit-POWR-Slider-Solar-Glass.aspx?sgd=330d351d316d317d313
Old 04-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #35
JBCjr is on a distinguished road
JBCjr's Tacoma Gallery
Install GT (get together)

I'm In Ben !! Many Thanks for an awesome kit. The safety of keeping my eyes on the road, push a button and clear the stale air out of the cab without a crosswind is priceless.

Back in the day the Triumph Club guys would meet at a members house or shop to install soft tops, make repairs etc.

If there are a group of guys near Philadelphia who like to be in a group install maybe one or two can be set up.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #36
tacomawv
tacomawv is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
tacomawv's Tacoma Gallery
Did not vote but i would love to have one. Just to be sure it will work on a 2013 access cab. You said to ask questions before voting. If so i will start saving money now.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #37

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomawv View Post
Did not vote but i would love to have one. Just to be sure it will work on a 2013 access cab. You said to ask questions before voting. If so i will start saving money now.
Yes sir, it will work on 2005-2013 access cab, double cab, and regular cab models that have a factory manual sliding rear window.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #39
tacomawv
tacomawv is on a distinguished road

Name: Richard
tacomawv's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet i am in. Pending any major money problems.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #40
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Yes

Have DCLB and if price is right I would be interested....