Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Feeler: How many 2nd Gen owners are interested in a power sliding window mod kit?

View Poll Results: Would you buy a "hidden" window kit if available?
Absolutely, 100% yes, I would give you my money right now. 275 52.48%
Maybe -- I would have to think about it. 199 37.98%
Neat idea, but it's not for me. 46 8.78%
Not for me, but I know somebody outside of TW who would definitely buy one. 4 0.76%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Question Feeler: How many 2nd Gen owners are interested in a power sliding window mod kit?

I would like to start a list of folks who are 100% certain that they would buy one of these kits if they were made available to purchase.

I am talking about a DIY-install conversion kit that makes the rear slider of your 2005-2013 Tacoma powered. The kit works for any body style of Tacoma, and installs seamlessly into the stock trim (i.e., fully hidden and stock-appearing). No added risk of leaks or break-ins compared to the manual stock slider.

The install requires moderate level of technical inclination, with enough skill and savvy to wire up electricals, remove and reinstall factory trim, use basic hand tools, etc. There would be a step-by-step video DVD of how to install the kit. Installation would take about 5-6 hours for average-skilled folks, less for more technically inclined folks. The stock latch can either be propped open with a pin or permanently removed (although a black patch of glass paint under the latch cannot be removed from the glass).

The cost of the kit would be in the ballpark of $175-185. Please reply to the poll above, and post a reply to the thread if you voted "100% yes". PLEASE no bs answers to the poll -- only vote "100% yes" if you really mean it. Your answer will only help me if it is completely honest. I am trying hard to make this product available to all. At this point, the earliest that this kit version would come to fruition is August 2013 due to manufacturer lead time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHqzSpvBhoI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdZ1SOqayUo

If you have any questions about the kit before you vote in the poll, feel free to ask!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Yes
Old 04-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Foxone is on a distinguished road
Foxone's Tacoma Gallery
Im in....
Old 04-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
BenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBenWA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the repair jhodge.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
TastyTaco will become famous soon enoughTastyTaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
TastyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would be interested, I have an access cab so maybe I could get a DC switch panel and wire it to a rear window switch. That would be some hotness.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #8

BenWA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyTaco View Post
I would be interested, I have an access cab so maybe I could get a DC switch panel and wire it to a rear window switch. That would be some hotness.
You could certainly do that, but you would of course have a 4th window switch that doesn't do anything.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #9
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Isnt there already one? Ben-wa's power sliding kit or something like that? I swear there is. SEARCH

For the record this is complete sarcasm^

But seriously im confused. Is this any different than the original thread?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=171805
Old 04-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
I would love one,I just don't trust myself to install it myself!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #11
imDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Darrin
imDARRIN's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! but i agree with above, i'm not sure if I would be capable of making it a 'seamless' installation =/
Old 04-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #12
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
100%
Old 04-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #14
Vaginas are rad.
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely. Been waiting on the fully hidden version. Please take my money, my dog is begging you.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #15
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
I voted 100% . i'm in all the way.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #17
Deathcure is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Deathcure's Tacoma Gallery
i am in 100%. really hate that it is not powered from factory
Old 04-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #18
Jodysquare is on a distinguished road

Name: Jody
Jodysquare's Tacoma Gallery
I need one now.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #19
Deathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeathproofduck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Deathproofduck's Tacoma Gallery
100% The only negative i can foresee is the length of time involved for the installation. I am not sure i can free up a solid 4 or 5 hrs to do this, and even our minimum shop rate is 45.00 per hr. That could get expensive. I would love to see an edited install video.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #20
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
voted maybe....if price drop then I may be persuaded

Products Discussed in this Thread