Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

dent in fender

Old 04-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
caseychai is on a distinguished road

Name: casey
caseychai's Tacoma Gallery
dent in fender

so i have a crease dent in my passenger fender. i have dent shield but they keep giving me the run around and saying they dont think they can fix it (whats the point of dent shield then). i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on removing the dent myself. here are some pictures of the dents.

-thanks
Attached Thumbnails
dent in fender-image-3-.jpg   dent in fender-photo.jpg  
Old 04-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
4wd is awesome
4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future4x4yota has a brilliant future

Name: Collin
4x4yota's Tacoma Gallery
Sry to hear....on the bright side it dont look that bad. Only sucky thing is that dents like that where its more a crease than a normal dent can be a pain....my guess would be pull the fender off and tap it with a hammer from the other side
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I know what will help a little.
Take a hair dryer heat up the dent make sure the metal gets nice and toasty(not to toasty as you don't want to damage the paint). Immediately after spray keyboard cleaner in a can upside down.
The heating and immediate super cooling will pull the dent out. Where that dent is at though it will not come completely out.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4yota View Post
Sry to hear....on the bright side it dont look that bad. Only sucky thing is that dents like that where its more a crease than a normal dent can be a pain....my guess would be pull the fender off and tap it with a hammer from the other side
Don't do this unless you like outy dents and most likely cracked paint.

If you do ever get a huge dent you can hit it with your fist either on te inside or outside and it will fix it some.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Visit a few Toyota dealers that do paintless dent removal and get their opinion. I think the crease is likely too sharp, but it's better to let the technician assess.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #6
caseychai is on a distinguished road

Name: casey
caseychai's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the suggestions! ill try it out, and update on how it goes.
-thanks