Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2007 CC TRD 285k miles-what's it worth?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
dragr1 [OP] dragr1 is offline
Senior Member
dragr1 is on a distinguished road
 
dragr1's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2010, #38675
Gender: Male
Posts: 118
dragr1's Tacoma Gallery
2007 CC TRD 285k miles-what's it worth?

Already been on NADA and KBB, looking for real world value here. This is my work truck, 1 owner since new in April 2007. It's seen the woods everyday, almost zero rocks, but has been in the mud a lot-rarely deep, mostly muddy roads and logging jobs.

2007 CC V6 auto TRD 4x4, Silver exterior, cloth interior
285,000 miles
Has some dents, dings, and a lot of scratches
Regular service-oil every 4k, diffs and tcase every 30k (sooner if got in deep mud or water)
Would come with allpro hybrid front bumper and stock bumper (no winch and no toolbox)
Towing package
TRD Offroad package-rear locker, NO atrac
Rear spring TSB done
Well used 265/75/16 BFG AT's
Within last 50k miles-rear Bilstein shocks, front adjustable Bilsteins, all ujoints replaced, all front upper and lower a-arms replaced, new cv axles, a/c hose replaced and coolant recharged
Other than the Bilsteins and allpro bumper it is bone stock
Never had any major problems with it
Replaced shifter cable twice-bent by sticks
Interior is dirty, but in great shape-no torn seats, no big stains
Never smoked in

So, whatcha think $$?



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
Senior Member
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Joined: May 2012, #78892
Location: Durango
Gender: Male
Posts: 259
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
first off, I'm not the best at judging prices on a vehicle like this. But, I'd just like to say how cool it is to see such a good looking high mileage taco! If it were me I'd try to aim somewhere around 10,000... But I'm not sure how 285000 miles affects that. Either way cool truck and good luck with the sale!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:54 AM   #3
Senior Member
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Fortech's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2008, #5636
Location: CANADA
Gender: Male
Posts: 880
Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragr1 View Post
Already been on NADA and KBB, looking for real world value here. This is my work truck, 1 owner since new in April 2007. It's seen the woods everyday, almost zero rocks, but has been in the mud a lot-rarely deep, mostly muddy roads and logging jobs.

2007 CC V6 auto TRD 4x4, Silver exterior, cloth interior
285,000 miles
Has some dents, dings, and a lot of scratches
Regular service-oil every 4k, diffs and tcase every 30k (sooner if got in deep mud or water)
Would come with allpro hybrid front bumper and stock bumper (no winch and no toolbox)
Towing package
TRD Offroad package-rear locker, NO atrac
Rear spring TSB done
Well used 265/75/16 BFG AT's
Within last 50k miles-rear Bilstein shocks, front adjustable Bilsteins, all ujoints replaced, all front upper and lower a-arms replaced, new cv axles, a/c hose replaced and coolant recharged
Other than the Bilsteins and allpro bumper it is bone stock
Never had any major problems with it
Replaced shifter cable twice-bent by sticks
Interior is dirty, but in great shape-no torn seats, no big stains
Never smoked in

So, whatcha think $$?



I want to know what are in those boxes! I have a hunch, want to know if I'm right.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
dragr1 [OP] dragr1 is offline
Senior Member
dragr1 is on a distinguished road
 
dragr1's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2010, #38675
Gender: Male
Posts: 118
dragr1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortech View Post
I want to know what are in those boxes! I have a hunch, want to know if I'm right.

Loblolly Pine seedlings, about 900 to the box
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
Senior Member
birry is on a distinguished road
Name: Billy
Joined: Oct 2012, #88370
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Gender: Male
Posts: 277
birry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
first off, I'm not the best at judging prices on a vehicle like this. But, I'd just like to say how cool it is to see such a good looking high mileage taco! If it were me I'd try to aim somewhere around 10,000... But I'm not sure how 285000 miles affects that. Either way cool truck and good luck with the sale!
I've been on a nationwide search for a Tacoma for nearly a year now. $10,000 wouldn't be too far off. I've probably seen asking prices for that year/mileage anywhere from $8k up to $13-14k.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
steve o 77's Avatar
Name: Steven
Joined: Nov 2009, #26726
Location: In a corn field, OH
Age: 24
Gender: Guy
Posts: 19,688
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
I'd start at 10k and see what kinda response you get.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #7
Senior Member
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
Joined: Mar 2011, #52459
Location: Bay Area, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 382
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
Start at at least 15. I was payed by the insurance company 11 grand for my 01 prerunner doubecab non trd with 285000.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
Wheels With Moose.
NMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
NMW 4x4's Avatar
Name: Walt
Joined: Sep 2012, #87462
Location: Presque Isle, Maine
Gender: Male
Posts: 192
NMW 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
My truck was treated under the exact same conditions, it was a woods truck from the day it was bought new. Yours look like it has been pretty well taken care of, mine had had the piss beat out of it. Regardless, it had 192K and I paid $5,000 for it. It ended up being perfect for me, because I took it straight back to the woods and continue to beat the piss out of it. First day I bought it:

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
Fortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shedFortech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Fortech's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2008, #5636
Location: CANADA
Gender: Male
Posts: 880
Fortech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragr1 View Post
Loblolly Pine seedlings, about 900 to the box
I had a hunch it was seedlings, the shovel gave it away. I spent many years chasing around tree planters in my Tacoma performing quality checks. Our seedlings were container stock, around 65 per tray if I remember correctly.

Oh, I just remembered, I don't miss the job! Most planters are honest, but there are always a handful that will try and get away with murder!

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
Senior Member
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Joined: Oct 2010, #44862
Location: Oceanside
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,671
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
8k
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Juggernaut's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2009, #23111
Location: Sacramento
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,385
Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Based on what you said I would pay 10k for that truck and i'm cheap, so its probably worth more.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
dragr1 [OP] dragr1 is offline
Senior Member
dragr1 is on a distinguished road
 
dragr1's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2010, #38675
Gender: Male
Posts: 118
dragr1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortech View Post
I had a hunch it was seedlings, the shovel gave it away. I spent many years chasing around tree planters in my Tacoma performing quality checks. Our seedlings were container stock, around 65 per tray if I remember correctly.

Oh, I just remembered, I don't miss the job! Most planters are honest, but there are always a handful that will try and get away with murder!


yeah, tree planting isn't my favorite part of the job, luckily it usually only last 2-3 weeks. We also plant a lot of the bareroot seedlings with a bulldozer. The container seedlings we have to plant with hand crews and it's pretty boring, but I've never had any quality control issues.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
dragr1 [OP] dragr1 is offline
Senior Member
dragr1 is on a distinguished road
 
dragr1's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2010, #38675
Gender: Male
Posts: 118
dragr1's Tacoma Gallery
I had in mind starting in the $12-$13k range and seeing what happens. It cleans up well and the only real bad dent is in the drivers side front fender at the fender flare. If anyone is interested in it hit me with a pm.

The last nationawide search that I did only turned up one truck in a crewcab even close to my mileage and was not a TRD Offroad. That truck had 266k miles and was beat to crap in Texas, asking price as $13,900.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #14
Senior Member
MadMan is on a distinguished road
 
MadMan's Avatar
Joined: Feb 2013, #97815
Location: Indy
Gender: Male
Posts: 125
MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
$11.990 "as-is" or $12.200 cleaned up and full of gas
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
dragr1 [OP] dragr1 is offline
Senior Member
dragr1 is on a distinguished road
 
dragr1's Avatar
Joined: Jun 2010, #38675
Gender: Male
Posts: 118
dragr1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
$11.990 "as-is" or $12.200 cleaned up and full of gas

Is that an offer?
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2007 Prerunner TRD Sport DC 4x2 low miles FS RUNNINTACO 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace 5 03-29-2013 02:06 PM
2007 Tacoma TRD Sport 37K miles Ericm40 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace 3 07-09-2012 09:40 PM
2007 TRD Sport Longbed for Sale LOW MILES Highwayman 2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace 1 03-06-2011 03:35 PM
FS- 2006 4x4 sport CC,LB, 34000 miles FloridaTaco Buy / Sell / Trade 8 01-22-2011 06:04 PM
2006 Sport 4x4 CC,LB, 32k miles FloridaTaco Buy / Sell / Trade 4 12-25-2010 07:59 AM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.