Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

WHO COULD BUILD ME THE CHEAPEST/BEST SLIDERS?

Old 04-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
WHO COULD BUILD ME THE CHEAPEST/BEST SLIDERS?

ok first off, I weld/fab for a living but rarely have time to be in the shop to completely design my own set. let alone be around when my steel comes to claim it so it doesn't get cut and built for another job.

so, with a large gulp of pride, I must ask, who could build me a partial, cut-legs-to-fit, weld-on set of quality sliders at a fair price? google searches pop up many vendors, but none from some of the "locals" I see on here occasionally. anybody interested? my only demand as far as a "quality slider" is that I can support the weight of the truck from any point on it.

bolt ons are a cool option too, but I would rather cut off welded ones and leave the "scabs" opposed to having a bunch of not factory holes in my frame to fill in the event that I had to remove them. come on California fabbers I know your out there please help!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
JimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud ofJimBCa has much to be proud of
Name: Jim
JimBCa's Tacoma Gallery
Wasn't going to say anything, as just got home after a good 10 hours of 4x4 activity, but I can say, in a most positive manor, and with the highest recommendation based on my set, that you find it pretty hard to beat Jerry at BAMF.

Am constantly getting compliments on my set.

Am I biased? Yes, I see mine every single day and it gives me a happy feeling.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #3
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBCa View Post
Wasn't going to say anything, as just got home after a good 10 hours of 4x4 activity, but I can say, in a most positive manor, and with the highest recommendation based on my set, that you find it pretty hard to beat Jerry at BAMF.

Am constantly getting compliments on my set.

Am I biased? Yes, I see mine every single day and it gives me a happy feeling.
x2 on this, Jerry is well known around TW and all i hear is good things about his products.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #4
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine, but like you said, it is time consuming and if you're using good material, and your own time, its def cheaper to buy. Mine took almost 6 months to complete, lol. Of course that was a couple hours here and there.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #5
magnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagnetic11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MACS2
Name: Matt
magnetic11's Tacoma Gallery
B.A.M.F.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
BAMF, youre down in the valley, he's in the Bay Area, get a set from him, make a roadie up to pick them up or have them welded on.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Weld yourself 4x4innovations .
Old 04-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #9
toytac05 is on a distinguished road
toytac05's Tacoma Gallery
i got a set of diy from demello or. i think i got them for under 200 bucks
Old 04-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #10
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Weld yourself 4x4innovations .
these are what actually got me started on the idea. just wondering who might be a little more "local". I like this community
Old 04-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #11
drinking whats on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytac05 View Post
i got a set of diy from demello or. i think i got them for under 200 bucks
that's the price im looking for. ill check em out.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #12
drinking whats on sale

and to the BAMF supporters, your adding to the otherwise spotless reputation they already have, ill have to give him a call.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #13
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Pelfreybilt
Old 04-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #14
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Visalia, my hometown!! You're right next to Trail Gear, they're up in Fresno. I have no experience with theirgear but I've read some people who run their sliders on this site and other offroading site. Some people love them, some people hate them. User name BoxRocket runs them if I remember correctly, give him a PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
drinking whats on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Visalia, my hometown!! You're right next to Trail Gear, they're up in Fresno. I have no experience with theirgear but I've read some people who run their sliders on this site and other offroading site. Some people love them, some people hate them. User name BoxRocket runs them if I remember correctly, give him a PM.
I see you have moved on to greener pastures lol good for you. I like the trail gears, especially being local to me, but their order form is messed up in such a way that I am confused on which size to get for my access cab. gotta call tomorrow. problem is work is allways 10hrs plus right now. even on the weekends at the moment!
Old 04-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #16
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92dlxman View Post
I see you have moved on to greener pastures lol good for you. I like the trail gears, especially being local to me, but their order form is messed up in such a way that I am confused on which size to get for my access cab. gotta call tomorrow. problem is work is allways 10hrs plus right now. even on the weekends at the moment!
Lol yeah much greener and more rain. Is it confusing on their site? I went with 4xInnovations and it cost me total of $310 shipped with DOM and kickouts to Oceanside, CA when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #17

Just checked their site, I dont think they make them for 2nd gens.