Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

FUEL FILTER ; FUDGECAKE

Old 04-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
tacotruck 2.7 is on a distinguished road

tacotruck 2.7's Tacoma Gallery
FUEL FILTER ; FUDGECAKE

TWO QUESTIONS ON A 09 2.7 TACOMA WHERE IS THE FUEL FILTER AND HAS ANY ONE EVER PUT A INLINE FUELFILTER JUST BEFORE THE FUELRAIL ?
Old 04-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
charles leandro will become famous soon enough
charles leandro's Tacoma Gallery
fuel filter

filter is on fuel pump in the tank buy pass filter needs to be high pressure or it will leak
Old 04-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
No real need to worry about replacing the fuel filter. It a million kilometer filter. Unless you somehow dump dirt in the tank you shouldn't ever need to replace.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/con...el-filter-myth

Some people refuse let go the need to replace things that don't need replacing.

Why do you want to replace it? Or add a second pointless one down stream?
Old 04-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
Gen I 2.7l the fuel filter was below the fuel rail on the intake side. Hard to replace DIY.

It's a 2-year, 24k mile maintenance item for $120, just follow the maintenance schedule. Flush your radiator at the same time. It's not all that much money . . .
Old 04-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
No real need to worry about replacing the fuel filter. It a million kilometer filter. Unless you somehow dump dirt in the tank you shouldn't ever need to replace.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/con...el-filter-myth

Some people refuse let go the need to replace things that don't need replacing.
Good read.

A member recently had his tank punched by a fuel thief. He posted a photo of the inside of the old tank.... had around 60k on it.
Perfectly clean. If it weren't for the smell of gasoline, I'd have eaten off of it.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
tacotruck 2.7 is on a distinguished road

tacotruck 2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Good read.

A member recently had his tank punched by a fuel thief. He posted a photo of the inside of the old tank.... had around 60k on it.
Perfectly clean. If it weren't for the smell of gasoline, I'd have eaten off of it.
Funny you should mentio "dump dirt" last sat dats exactly what i had coming out of the fuel line going into the fuel rail. Add to that blackend fuel, burnt dirt filled one year old spark plugs and soot driping out the tailpipe. LST the symptom was it would turn over allday but would not start. Solution replaced sparkplugs installed a fuel filter pre fuel rail i figure what could it hurt. Been runing fine since. See my job requires i drive through some very dirty mudy crapyass construction roads year long so perhaps my (service intervals) are quite diffrent than norm. First time it hapend ill have to stay on top of my maintanence in the future.