Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Possible K&N Intake problem.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
NCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Possible K&N Intake problem.

I have a strange 'knocking' which seems to be coming from under the glovebox area or under front passenger's feet. It only happens when the truck is being cranked as far as I can tell. When I instaleld my K&N intake, I noticed a slight knock when the trunk is cranked. The only two options are these.

1- I just cleaned and re-oiled the filter. Possible over oil? I followed the instructions to a T. Or I think I did.

2- Last night on the way home, a truck blew a tire in front of us. I caught a little shrapnel, all under-carriage. Possible heat shroud bending? I looked under it tonight but it was dark and I was in a parking lot and the exhaust waas hot as heck so I couldn't do much digging.

I'm just looking for a few tips for in the morning when I start digging. I know this is an out there question, but I'm not the best mechanic so a little help is always appreciated. Thanks once again guys.