Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Possible K&N Intake problem.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
NCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNCTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Possible K&N Intake problem.

I have a strange 'knocking' which seems to be coming from under the glovebox area or under front passenger's feet. It only happens when the truck is being cranked as far as I can tell. When I instaleld my K&N intake, I noticed a slight knock when the trunk is cranked. The only two options are these.

1- I just cleaned and re-oiled the filter. Possible over oil? I followed the instructions to a T. Or I think I did.

2- Last night on the way home, a truck blew a tire in front of us. I caught a little shrapnel, all under-carriage. Possible heat shroud bending? I looked under it tonight but it was dark and I was in a parking lot and the exhaust waas hot as heck so I couldn't do much digging.

I'm just looking for a few tips for in the morning when I start digging. I know this is an out there question, but I'm not the best mechanic so a little help is always appreciated. Thanks once again guys.