Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Color Choices For 2013 Grille/Headlights

View Poll Results: Which Grille/Headlight Mods? (Select More Than One Option)
BHLM 10 83.33%
MGMHLM 1 8.33%
MGM Grille 6 50.00%
Matte Black Grille 2 16.67%
Line-X Grille 2 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
Battle Born Tacomas - Founder
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
VegasTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Color Choices For 2013 Grille/Headlights

I am trying to decide exactly how I want to go about modding my grille surround and headlights. First of all, my grille is chrome, but I want to change it to either matte black, MGM to match the truck, or Line-X it, which I know is a little extreme, but I think it might look cool. Then with the headlights, I either want to do just a straight-forward BHLM, or CHLM using MGM paint, which I again think could look different and cool. Give me your opinions, please! Thanks!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
:D
Jux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Jux's Tacoma Gallery
Color match it.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
VegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud ofVegasTaco08 has much to be proud of

I just though of something else. How about color matched Line X? Bump.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #4

Bumpity
Old 04-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I voted color-matched grill and straight BHLM.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
I voted color-matched grill and straight BHLM.
Obviously I don't know how close it would be, but what about a Line-X Color Matched grill? Best of both worlds? Or Overkill?
Old 04-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasTaco08 View Post
Obviously I don't know how close it would be, but what about a Line-X Color Matched grill? Best of both worlds? Or Overkill?
Yeah that would work to but why do you want to Line-X it so badly? The rough texture wouldnt really match anything else on the truck.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #8

I might do the lower valence as well. The rear bumper is getting Line-X'ed this week.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like the Line-x idea due to the texture.
I would say color match both the grill and lights.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #10
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I might do the lower valence as well. The rear bumper is getting Line-X'ed this week.
I would just leave the valence alone and color match the rear bumper. But it seems like you are really set on Line-x for something, then the bumper is probably the best option.
Just my opinion....
Old 04-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #11

I'm not necessarily set on anything. I am set on the bumper being line x for sure, but nothing on the front. Just looking for opinions, and these are good ones. Thanks.

Also, If I decided to color match the grille, I can buy an OEM one that is MGM right? Rather have one that is factory painted than do it myself, even though I know its much cheaper.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #12
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
+1 for NO line-x on the front. Rear bumper would look fine line-x'ed if thats what you like, but front grill surround wouldn't look right. I'd say either color-match the surround: buy or do it yourself, and you can get a color-matched grille from camelback toyota parts department I believe for somewhere around $180, who sourced the color-matched grilles out of high demand and is a supporting vendor on here.

I was thinking about matching my grille on my pyrite but somehow the chrome has grown on me (I think chrome goes well on the MGM and pyrites) but I did paint the Toyota grille emblem flat black and really like it.

And I will paint the rear bumper flat black some day as well.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Oh okay so if your going to do the rear bumper then Line-Xing the lower valance and grill might look pretty cool then.