1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

rear storage compartments solution

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NMTrailRider, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Apr 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM
    NMTrailRider

NMTrailRider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    you know those two storage compartments in the back of the truck (in the bed)? i'd like to store my bungies, rope, ratchet straps, etc., in there. but the compartments seem to get moisture inside and i don't want those things sitting in damp. anyone come up with a good storage solution? i'm thinking like some kind of plastic container with a screw or lock-tite lid, but i'd like to find something that maximizes the space. any ideas?

2. Apr 14, 2013 at 10:19 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  3. Apr 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    NMTrailRider

NMTrailRider [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
  4. Apr 15, 2013 at 2:36 AM
    MadMan

MadMan Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indy
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD sport
    De-badged and blacked out
    Small soft cooler with zipper, just big enough to hold 4-6 cans.

5. Apr 15, 2013 at 2:48 AM
    AaronArf

AaronArf Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    VA Beach
    Vehicle:
    2023 LR OR DCSB
    I just put all my bungees and stuff in a large Ziplock bag. I leave enough air in it to fit tightly in the compartment so I don't get any rattles.

6. Apr 15, 2013 at 2:49 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    I keep road and stuff in one that I use every weekend to tie the mower in.(just to keep it from rolling back and forth) they compartments get a little water in them if you cross creeks or streams, or big water puddles. but they dry out in like a day or less, Rope and everything looks the same as it did when I first put it back their and that was almost 2 years ago.

so in my honest opinion save the money and just throw them in there and for get about it. They wont really get wet at all, and if they do they will try out fast. also rain water or just driving in rain does not really get in. it’s only when you start getting in 4”/6"+ of water and going fast or just spinning the tires.(like in a mud hole or something)

7. Apr 15, 2013 at 4:18 AM
    Sideways

Sideways Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD dbl cab
    I throw a couple of those silica packs you get out of shoe boxes in each of my side compartments and change them out every 6 months or so.

Products Discussed in

To Top