Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

rear storage compartments solution

Old 04-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
harpolith is on a distinguished road

Name: t-man
harpolith's Tacoma Gallery
rear storage compartments solution

you know those two storage compartments in the back of the truck (in the bed)? i'd like to store my bungies, rope, ratchet straps, etc., in there. but the compartments seem to get moisture inside and i don't want those things sitting in damp. anyone come up with a good storage solution? i'm thinking like some kind of plastic container with a screw or lock-tite lid, but i'd like to find something that maximizes the space. any ideas?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
harpolith is on a distinguished road

Name: t-man
harpolith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
very cool! but i'm looking for a slightly more cost effective option! thanks, though... i'm sure that will appeal to some.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:36 AM   #4
MadMan is on a distinguished road

MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
Small soft cooler with zipper, just big enough to hold 4-6 cans.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #5
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
I just put all my bungees and stuff in a large Ziplock bag. I leave enough air in it to fit tightly in the compartment so I don't get any rattles.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:49 AM   #6
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
I keep road and stuff in one that I use every weekend to tie the mower in.(just to keep it from rolling back and forth) they compartments get a little water in them if you cross creeks or streams, or big water puddles. but they dry out in like a day or less, Rope and everything looks the same as it did when I first put it back their and that was almost 2 years ago.

so in my honest opinion save the money and just throw them in there and for get about it. They wont really get wet at all, and if they do they will try out fast. also rain water or just driving in rain does not really get in. it’s only when you start getting in 4”/6"+ of water and going fast or just spinning the tires.(like in a mud hole or something)
Old 04-15-2013, 04:18 AM   #7
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
I throw a couple of those silica packs you get out of shoe boxes in each of my side compartments and change them out every 6 months or so.