Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Anyone have experience with the Truxedo Deuce?

Old 04-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have experience with the Truxedo Deuce?

This seems like a convenient Tonneau. Anyone have experience with it and/or know if you can still use the rail system?

http://www.truxedo.com/deuce/
Old 04-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
slowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired
Name: Mike
slowmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblue81 View Post
This seems like a convenient Tonneau. Anyone have experience with it and/or know if you can still use the rail system?

http://www.truxedo.com/deuce/
Probably not. Truxedo says it is made only for the Tundra and T100.

Mike
Old 04-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
Crap.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:14 AM   #4
TheGeneral is on a distinguished road
TheGeneral's Tacoma Gallery
Truxedo Deuce now fitted for tacomas

Noticed this thread from nearly 2 years ago and at first was bummed to see the Truxedo Deuce wouldn't fit my 2014 Taco (since I wanted a cover that opened from the back of the bed) but upon research I see that it now does! Then I noticed that the price for the Truxedo Deuce on every site I checked is firmly set at $525. Took some advice from people on this forum and emailed TruckAlterations and asked them for their best price; told them I was a member of Tacomaworld and have heard many good things about them. Luke responded and gave me an awesome price so I ordered and am now anxiously awaiting for it's arrival. I will update this post when it arrives and let everyone know how it fits/goes.

UPDATE: 4/3/2015: Cover arrived in a week. Had a busy couple of months so was unable to install the cover until last week and am happy to say I was able to keep the bed rail caps on! Installation was relatively simple and the setup/mechanism is clever. I think I spent more time during installation trying to understand the illustrations and second-guessing myself when in truth it was quite simple-- I was overthinking it; took me 2 hours to install when in fact it should have taken less than 1 hour. The cover fits flush and my girlfriend commented that it makes my truck look sharp.
Haven't had a hard rain yet to really test out the water-tightness of the cover but it looks to me like it will do well. Rubber seals on the side of the cover are tight against the bed rail. Cover came with an inch thick weatherstrip for applying on top of the back rail next to the cab. In my opinion if there were to be any water leaking issues it would be in the front or back, particularly in any gaps left in the corners during installation, but I feel with a little tinkering and weatherstripping it can easily be resolved.
Overall I am very happy with the look, fit, function and price of the cover.