1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone have experience with the Truxedo Deuce?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by littleblue81, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Apr 15, 2013 at 10:35 AM
    littleblue81

littleblue81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    This seems like a convenient Tonneau. Anyone have experience with it and/or know if you can still use the rail system?

http://www.truxedo.com/deuce/

2. Apr 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM
    slowmachine

slowmachine Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Alton, NH
    Probably not. Truxedo says it is made only for the Tundra and T100.

Mike

3. Apr 15, 2013 at 11:50 AM
    littleblue81

littleblue81 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
  4. Jan 31, 2015 at 9:14 AM
    TheGeneral

TheGeneral Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2014 PreRunner DC SR5 2.7L
    Noticed this thread from nearly 2 years ago and at first was bummed to see the Truxedo Deuce wouldn't fit my 2014 Taco (since I wanted a cover that opened from the back of the bed) but upon research I see that it now does! Then I noticed that the price for the Truxedo Deuce on every site I checked is firmly set at $525. Took some advice from people on this forum and emailed TruckAlterations and asked them for their best price; told them I was a member of Tacomaworld and have heard many good things about them. Luke responded and gave me an awesome price so I ordered and am now anxiously awaiting for it's arrival. I will update this post when it arrives and let everyone know how it fits/goes.

UPDATE: 4/3/2015: Cover arrived in a week. Had a busy couple of months so was unable to install the cover until last week and am happy to say I was able to keep the bed rail caps on! Installation was relatively simple and the setup/mechanism is clever. I think I spent more time during installation trying to understand the illustrations and second-guessing myself when in truth it was quite simple-- I was overthinking it; took me 2 hours to install when in fact it should have taken less than 1 hour. The cover fits flush and my girlfriend commented that it makes my truck look sharp.
    Haven't had a hard rain yet to really test out the water-tightness of the cover but it looks to me like it will do well. Rubber seals on the side of the cover are tight against the bed rail. Cover came with an inch thick weatherstrip for applying on top of the back rail next to the cab. In my opinion if there were to be any water leaking issues it would be in the front or back, particularly in any gaps left in the corners during installation, but I feel with a little tinkering and weatherstripping it can easily be resolved.
    Overall I am very happy with the look, fit, function and price of the cover.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  5. Jan 28, 2016 at 11:27 PM
    HawaiiTacoma

HawaiiTacoma New Member

Member:
    6" Fabtech lift, Toyo RT tires, Spy XD rims
    I just ordered the Truxedo Deuce 2 tonneau cover (product# 757001) for my 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4X4 off-road with a 6' bed and it did not fit at all despite numerous websites including Truxedo.com saying it will fit. I don't think they tested this product on the newly designed Tacomas and just assumed it was the same dimensions as the previous years. There is a lip on the tailgate end of the bed that decreases the bed width about 1" shorter than the front. I live in Hawaii so it is a hassle to return.

Products Discussed in

To Top