Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Yakima or Thule Roof Rack

Old 04-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #1
forana will become famous soon enoughforana will become famous soon enough
forana's Tacoma Gallery
Yakima or Thule Roof Rack

So i've asked this before but only got thule love. I'd like to hear from Yakima guys.

I'm going to get roof racks for my DCSB and am trying to decide between yakima or thule. I've seen that both are great but I can't decide between the 2. Anyone have anything to help sway my vote?

Thanks!@
Old 04-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
KB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant futureKB Voodoo has a brilliant future
Name: Chad
KB Voodoo's Tacoma Gallery
Why put your stuff way up on the roof when you can use these sweet bed brackets?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...pic-heavy.html

Old 04-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting Rhino Racks put on my camper shell. They are cheaper and seem to be sturdier than the Yakima/Thule racks. $.02
Old 04-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
I have Thule right now for my kayaks, I've had Yakima before, no problems.. with either.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Banned
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
I have alwayse bought Yakima for my cars..
my wife needed a new bikerack for her FJ and we went to REI.. we ended up with a Thule, and am very happy with it.. I think they are both pretty equal.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
forana's Tacoma Gallery
KB, I have bakflip, not an option. Plus easier to haul long lumber with roof racks.

I just saw those rhino racks. Let me know how you like them if you get a chance.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #7
pbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura aboutpbcolt has a spectacular aura about

Name: Colton
pbcolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by forana View Post
KB, I have bakflip, not an option. Plus easier to haul long lumber with roof racks.

I just saw those rhino racks. Let me know how you like them if you get a chance.
I will, actually picking them up today. I will be getting 3 bars and legs for my shell (I already have yakima tracks for them to mount to). The total for all 3 was 340. That seemed to be at least 100 cheaper than Yakima who sells things in twos, and charges you 70 percent of that if you only buy 1.

Also, I did some research on a couple Australian 4x4 forums as Rhino Rack is an Australian company, and these seem to come highly recommended for people who intend to have a lot of weight up on top. Couple guys on expo-portal use them too.

The heavy duty square bars look like they would still work with Yakima/Thule accessories if you have any.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #8
forana's Tacoma Gallery
pbcolt, what model did you get?