Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Whis tacoma is most reliable?

Old 04-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
volcomig is on a distinguished road
Name: miguel
volcomig's Tacoma Gallery
Whis tacoma is most reliable?

I am curious to know in terms of realiability. The most reliable tacoma of all would be: what year? 4cyl/6cyl? 4wd/2wd? Trd package? Which combination would last longer?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomig View Post
I am curious to know in terms of realiability. The most reliable tacoma of all would be: what year? 4cyl/6cyl? 4wd/2wd? Trd package? Which combination would last longer?
You answered your own question. Tacoma is the most reliable!
Old 04-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't matter as long as you take care of it.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #4
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
mine
Old 04-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #5
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
The more complicated something is/ more components are on it, the more chances it has to break. So to answer your question, tacomas are all very reliable, but you will definitely have the least failures on a vehicle that is a base 2wd truck with very little options or modifications. I wouldn't say either motor is more reliable than the other.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
I would say 4cyl 2wd. Less parts=Less chance of failure IMO
Old 04-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
mine
no................... mine
Old 04-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
Doesn't matter as long as you take care of it.
A piece of crap that's been well-maintained might be more reliable than an engineering marvel that's been severely abused/neglected. Toyotas are generally very reliable, even with average maintenance. About the specific drivetrain configuration, I agree with Fisher's simplicity approach (4cyl/2wd). On the current gen, the automatic transmissions are just as reliable as the manuals.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
tacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud oftacomalimited has much to be proud of

tacomalimited's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
no................... mine
no........mine!