Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2 Year Service Included

Old 04-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Live Oak is on a distinguished road
Live Oak's Tacoma Gallery
2 Year Service Included

I was surprised that Toyota offered 2 years service when I purchased my 2013 Tacoma PreRunner. In my 43 years of owning cars and trucks, I have NEVER let anyone change my oil. I have heard horror stories where filters were not instaled correctly, plugs were not tightened, or the old oil was left in. A friend of mine even had the hood slamed with the oil cap still on the air cleaner, and put a dent in the hood. I have never made a mistake, and as long as I can still crawl under the vehicle, I will continue to do it. Actually, I enjoy doing it. But if Toyota is willing to pick up the tab, I may reconsider. Anyone else reluctant to let Toyota do this service?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Oak View Post
I was surprised that Toyota offered 2 years service when I purchased my 2013 Tacoma PreRunner. In my 43 years of owning cars and trucks, I have NEVER let anyone change my oil. I have heard horror stories where filters were not instaled correctly, plugs were not tightened, or the old oil was left in. A friend of mine even had the hood slamed with the oil cap still on the air cleaner, and put a dent in the hood. I have never made a mistake, and as long as I can still crawl under the vehicle, I will continue to do it. Actually, I enjoy doing it. But if Toyota is willing to pick up the tab, I may reconsider. Anyone else reluctant to let Toyota do this service?

pffft... yea right.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #3
andyzx6r is on a distinguished road
andyzx6r's Tacoma Gallery
I just had my very first service done on my 2013 today. I have always done these services myself as well, but figured they mess it up they are Toyota. They would fix it. After the complimentary I will be back doing them myself. So my Oil catch pan will get lots of dust on it for the next 2 years.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #4
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
I let them do it every time. I cant change my oil for what Toyota charges, not even close. I have never had an issue with the service. Hell they are very well aware that if they forget to tighten an oil filter they have to buy the new engine. Any damage incurred is on Toyotas tab.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I do almost all my own work however saying you have never made a mistake is bullshit. Everyone fucks up sooner or later, no matter how good you are.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #6
Negative Ghostrider
JdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shedJdevTac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Josh
JdevTac's Tacoma Gallery
I'm taking my Tacoma in for its first 5k this Thursday. Being a college student and not wanting to drive 2 hours home to do it, I am going to stick with the 2 year complementary for the time being.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
:D
Jux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shedJux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Jux's Tacoma Gallery
It's free, good quality, and they throw in a car wash at the end. I don't mind at all.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
ASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shedASUAviator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ASUAviator's Tacoma Gallery
I took mine in this past saturday for its first. I marked the filter and it came out with a nex one. I would like to know more about what they do on the Offroading and towing check lists in the maintenance manual. I wonder if the reallly do check those things too
Old 04-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
I used my free Toyota Care, didn't have a single problem. I am so satisfied I purchased the Land Car agreement (three services for $75). I do take a quick look under the hood & make sure the locking lug key is returned before I leave the lot.
But hey, if you enjoy doing yer own maintenance, go for it. Not me.