LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2010 TPMS capacity

Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
slowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired
Name: Mike
slowmachine's Tacoma Gallery
2010 TPMS capacity

I just checked my spare for the first time and found that the dealership left it inflated to 20 PSI on its way out the door. I see some posts that make it look like Toyota eliminated the spare tire TPMS sensor beginning in 2009, and began to mark the spare for temporary use only for that reason. I have been doing 5 and 6 tire rotations for decades, and prefer to continue. On my '05 Tundra, the TPMS system would track 5 sensors. Will my 2010 Tacoma do the same if I buy a standard road wheel and sensor for the spare tire?

Mike
Old 04-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
my spare has a tpms .. so I would assume the system can handle it.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
slowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Had the Taco in the dealer today, and had them attempt to add a 5th tire pressure monitor to the ECU. They were unable to do it. The procedure, as it was described to me, gives the technician 5 minutes to enter all of the serial numbers of the pressure monitors. It terminates the session when the 4th one is entered. They do not know of any other settings, such as one that would indicate the total number of sensors in use. I'm not giving up, but I need to track down somebody with access to Techstream that has the time to dig into the details.

Mike
Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
My son (Toyota dealer employee) met with one of the regional tech reps that visit their dealership. The tech rep says that the Tacoma ECU only supports four tire pressure sensors. There is no way to program five of them in to the ECU.

Not sure what to think of this obvious downgrade in capability from my 2005 Tundra. I am displeased.

Moving on...

Mike