1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Part number for tacoma driveshaft U joint

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Taco227, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Apr 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    Taco227

Taco227 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    3" Pro Comp suspension kit, 1.25" front wheel spacers, tinted clearance lights, 4 pioneer speakers, Sony head unit, Custom Sub enclosure with 10" MTX, dash kit, wicked flow exhaust, Firestone Airbags.
    I am in need of some u joints for my driveshaft. There are a bunch of different u joints at auto zone and I need to know which one fits? Any kind of part numbers would be very helpful!! Thanks

2. Apr 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    Taco227

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    3" Pro Comp suspension kit, 1.25" front wheel spacers, tinted clearance lights, 4 pioneer speakers, Sony head unit, Custom Sub enclosure with 10" MTX, dash kit, wicked flow exhaust, Firestone Airbags.
    Okay, thanks, Ill look into it. Do people just normally replace the two u joints? One of mine is bad.

There's also a cv joint...not sure if i should touch that. Also, a center support bearing near the cv joint boot, should I replace that as well?

3. Apr 16, 2013 at 7:49 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    just curious... what are the symptoms of a u-joint in need of replacement?

4. Apr 16, 2013 at 7:50 PM
    Taco227

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Okay, thanks man.

I am going to replace all u joints. Is it worth getting the Spicer brand or can I go to auto zone and get their joints. Normally, I never go to auto zone to buy parts...but I'm at college at need to replace this damn joint...driving me crazy

5. Apr 16, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    Taco227

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Symptoms: Squealing and clicking toward the rear of the truck usually when i let off the gas. I have a 6 speed man trans.

Got underneath the truck and there is some play right near the rear u joint. Looks pretty rusted as well.

6. Apr 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Good to know... Thanks

7. Apr 16, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    Taco227

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport

Okay, great I will check with auto zone tomorrow. Thank you!

8. Apr 23, 2013 at 8:54 PM
    Taco227

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    Well guys, I put the three u joints in and now I am having a vibration through a wide range of speeds...

Should i have the drive shaft balanced? I'm almost positive that I installed all bearings correctly.

Products Discussed in

To Top