Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Towing w/ Bilstein 5100s 2012 TRD Taco DCLB

Old 04-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Jumper75 is on a distinguished road
Royal Canadian Air Force:
Jumper75's Tacoma Gallery
Towing w/ Bilstein 5100s 2012 TRD Taco DCLB

I have been all over the net for 3 days trying to figure out which setting to set the fronts at for my Canadian 2012 DCLB TRD with Genereal Grabber AT2 265/70/17 tires on the stock rims. The reason is because I will be towing a 20ft bassboat now and then(buddies for tournaments) and also a double ATV open trailer as well. The rear does have the 4 leaf pack(TSB). I think the 1.75 will look best but I don't want to be too nose high when towing. Now if it is minimal nose high when towing I can handle that as the tow trips are not going to be that long anyways, let me know what you guys think??? It is hard to find the answer because it seems everyone lifts the rear as well, thanks
Old 04-18-2013, 04:03 AM   #3
Shouldn't get the BRO lean too much?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
1.75 eh
This ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper75 View Post
Shouldn't get the BRO lean too much?
You might be nose high after a lot of weight, but not too bad...

Measuring mine, I am bout 2.25" higher in the back. With the 1.75" setting, I would get about .5" of rake. That should be fine for a light trailer.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #5
DocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDocsTacoma is a splendid one to behold

DocsTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
I have been all over the net for 3 days trying to figure out which setting to set the fronts at for my Canadian 2012 DCLB TRD with Genereal Grabber AT2 265/70/17 tires on the stock rims. The reason is because I will be towing a 20ft bassboat now and then(buddies for tournaments) and also a double ATV open trailer as well. The rear does have the 4 leaf pack(TSB). I think the 1.75 will look best but I don't want to be too nose high when towing. Now if it is minimal nose high when towing I can handle that as the tow trips are not going to be that long anyways, let me know what you guys think??? It is hard to find the answer because it seems everyone lifts the rear as well, thanks
Check out my recent thread:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-air-bags.html

Hope it helps!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
Leaning towards the .85 setting but I still want the 1.75?????????
Old 04-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Most Access Cabs go with the .85" setting...Double Cabs seem to go with the 1.75". That will make you more level...Just Saying...
Old 04-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why did you ask then
Old 04-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
Guess I was lookin for some pics or guys that actually have did just what I was askin about.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWorthyOpponent View Post
Most Access Cabs go with the .85" setting...Double Cabs seem to go with the 1.75". That will make you more level...Just Saying...
thanks man, appreciate it.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #11
Primo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrimo 95 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
1.75 + 4 factory leafs in the rear.....see my write up:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ml#post6535953

Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Easiest way is to measure your centre of hub to fender in front and rear

add .85 or 1.75 to the front measurement and compare that to the rear one
Old 04-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #13
20" front 22" rear. im mostly worried about it lookin to nose high when towing. but it seems like 1.75 should work because i keep readin they can settle .5"
Old 04-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
20" front 22" rear. im mostly worried about it lookin to nose high when towing. but it seems like 1.75 should work because i keep readin they can settle .5"
If you tow a lot or haul , you'll want a better solution for the rear soon
Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
If you tow a lot or haul , you'll want a better solution for the rear soon
No it wouldn't even be every weekend just looking at for when I do, I have the 2" between the 2 lookin like 1.75 will work. The odd time my Honda Rincon would be in the back, that would be the heaviest.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No it wouldn't even be every weekend just looking at for when I do, I have the 2" between the 2 lookin like 1.75 will work. The odd time my Honda Rincon would be in the back, that would be the heaviest.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #17
Messed with the truck today in the garage with the jack to get some visuals. Man it looks good at 1.75" and the .85 is just good. Are guys installing a spacer with this setup to get rid of the taco lean on the drivers side?
I think I am gonna roll with the 1.75" it sits very close to level if it doesn't work out then I drop it down. Is the 1.75" wearing anything out after an alignment is done?
Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 AM   #18
Pulled the trigger have the billies now, setting at third setting. Just a question why is the spring carrier black and not a shiny silver/aluminum one like in all the pics, wondering if I got the wrong one sent. The part number is for my truck?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #19
Assimilated
On An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shedOn An Island is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
On An Island's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100 part number for our trucks: 24-186711.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #20
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pulled the trigger have the billies now, setting at third setting. Just a question why is the spring carrier black and not a shiny silver/aluminum one like in all the pics, wondering if I got the wrong one sent. The part number is for my truck?

You're good, they changed from aluminum a while back.