Notices

Lift kit advice

Old 04-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
Wallsjm1 is on a distinguished road
Army: MP
Name: Justin
Wallsjm1's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Lift kit advice

I have a double cab trd off road 4x4 tacoma. I'm wanting to lift it but I'm new to this and need a little advice. This lift is 95% for looks ill go off road very little. My biggest concern is I don't want to sacrifice much ride quality. I'm looking for the most practical lift for my needs and money. I like the toyotec ultimate lift but its more than what I need is what I think. I just don't wanna sink 2k into a lift when I can obtain all my needs for a less of a price. All advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys sorry I'm a noob.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
5100's from downsouth motorsports
Icon progressive AAL
Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
5100's from downsouth motorsports
Icon progressive AAL
Well I'm wanting to achieve around 3-4 inches of lift. One other thing is I find kinda strange is my tacoma sits higher in the front than the rear. When I bought it ( used) it was like that.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #4
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
Check to make sure there isnt spacer in the front, if its used and sits higher in the front there may be some. Alot to get 3-4in of lift for low cost isnt going to happen and still have a good ride, only 1-2.5ish for cheap or you could do 2ish by leveling kit of 5100s and a 1to 2in taller tire to get a overall 3-4 in higher. ie 265/65/17 to a 265/70/17 and be sure to be careful of how wide you go ie 285 on stock rims and stock UCA. I also wanted a lift for 95% road and looks i did a 2.5in spacer in front and 1.5 AAL in the rear and im very happy with it for a total cost of 260 dollors. im going to run a 265/70/17 on my stock rims...Just my input but im also kinda new to lifts.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsjm1 View Post
Well I'm wanting to achieve around 3-4 inches of lift. One other thing is I find kinda strange is my tacoma sits higher in the front than the rear. When I bought it ( used) it was like that.
then OME from downsouth motorsports for 3"

2.5 and up and ur in the new UCA territory............which is why I stayed at 2" with eibachs

get us pics of ur current suspension............u may have some kinda spacer lift or something giving it the brotastic lean.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
What about something like this what's the pros and cons to either?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Or this

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 04-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
The 2nd link won't do it with the 884 ome springs. U would need the 885 plus the top plate spacer.
Going 3 inches correctly will run you at the top of your stated $$ amount. After 2.5 inches you will need new uca's for a proper alignment. Then u will need bigger tires wheels.. Then... Then... Then...

Try here. 885 with top plate. http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

Going with the Billie 5100's will get u close to what you want for a better price.. U just have to settle for a little less lift..
Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #8
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
The first will be alot better, but to go 3in you will also need a new UCA and tires....Basicaly your going to be 3K ish (new tires included) to do 3in the right way or 1k ish for a 2-2.5 level kit (new tires included)
Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaG26 View Post
The first will be alot better, but to go 3in you will also need a new UCA and tires....Basicaly your going to be 3K ish (new tires included) to do 3in the right way or 1k ish for a 2-2.5 level kit (new tires included)
Ya at that cost I'm not factoring in wheels and tires that's a whole seperates thing. I'm just trying to get the lift cost in. So if it was you and you were trying to get the most bang for your buck and the best ride quality you would just do a 2.5 inch lift?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #10
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallsjm1 View Post
Only way to achieve 4" is with a db kit or a 3" with a body 1" lift. For you this seems like the best option ounds like 5100's up front set @ .85, ebiach coils, lr uca's, icon or wheelers 3 leaf pack and rear 5100's.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:41 AM   #13
TicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tico
TicoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=BORNWILDGUY;6753811]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicoTRD View Post
what about this kit?

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypag e.tpl&product_id=58914&category_id=113&option=com_ virtuemart&Itemid=72[/QUOTE]

Buying it seperate you come our ahead plus you can get the uca's as well versus buying that kit

bilstein 5100's 300 - 330 set fr and rear

ebiach coils 190.00

icon 3 leaf pack 200

lr uca 375
yea but the coils come assembled, also kit comes with new u bolts and axle shims.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #14
[QUOTE=TicoTRD;6753832]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post

yea but the coils come assembled, also kit comes with new u bolts and axle shims.
So the kit in your link comes assembled but I have to buy my UCA's right? And if I buy it individually I get the UCAS but I have to buy the u bolts and axle shims?
Old 04-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #15
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Wallsjm1;6756118]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicoTRD View Post

So the kit in your link comes assembled but I have to buy my UCA's right? And if I buy it individually I get the UCAS but I have to buy the u bolts and axle shims?
Yes if you buy that kit you still will have to shell out extra $$ for the uca's. If you are mechanically inclined at all installing the front shocks and coils isn't that hard and neither is installing the 3 leaf pack. Can be done with simple tools, floor jack and jack stand. You won't need to buy the ubolts as the 3 leaf pack comes with them and you might not even need the axle shims just depends on your vehicle.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #16
Is anything about this picture not factory because I don't know why my front sits up higher than my rear
Attached Thumbnails
Lift kit advice-image.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #17
selrod is on a distinguished road

Marines: Drill Instructor
selrod's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a spacer
Old 04-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
If anyone can confirm it is indeed a spacer, can you tell me why someone would only put one in the front, and also what do I need to do to level it out in the rear?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:02 AM   #20
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Get rid of the spacers and go with the 5100 billies and your ride will be way better than with the spacers. The 3 leaf mini pack will get you pretty level. I have the Icon leaf pack on my truck with about 2.5 inch of lift up front. The Icon leaf pack gave me exactly 2" of lift when it was new.

:edit:
here is a pic with stock wheels and tires.