Notices

wheel spacers???? whats the difference

Old 04-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
1YOTA6
1YOTA6 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
1YOTA6's Tacoma Gallery
wheel spacers???? whats the difference

whats the difference in all these wheel spacers besides the price???

Spidertrax? $112

Alloy USA? $89

other brands that are out there ....

any one of these better than the other that you have experience with
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Price, reputation, reliability I would guess.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Hub centric vs lug centric are some diffrances between spacers. I have no knowledge of the alloy usa ones. But i have spider tracs and they are great.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
nbitzer is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
nbitzer's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen multiple accounts of people who went the cheaper route (non-Spidertrax), and sheared lugs while tightening lug nuts, and having issues with spacers fitting correctly. They then promptly ordered Spidertrax spacers, and never looked back. Spridertrax spacers are proven to work, and work well without any issues.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbitzer View Post
I've seen multiple accounts of people who went the cheaper route (non-Spidertrax), and sheared lugs while tightening lug nuts, and having issues with spacers fitting correctly. They then promptly ordered Spidertrax spacers, and never looked back. Spridertrax spacers are proven to work, and work well without any issues.
This...

Although, I have no first hand experience...
Old 04-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #6
Mechanically Goofy
neonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shedneonlazer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
neonlazer's Tacoma Gallery
Another +1 for Spidertrax..never had an issue so far!(I will admit when I first put them on I wanted to drive so nicely cause I thought I might snap something and my wheel would fly off )
Old 04-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #7
LVTacoMedic is a splendid one to beholdLVTacoMedic is a splendid one to beholdLVTacoMedic is a splendid one to beholdLVTacoMedic is a splendid one to beholdLVTacoMedic is a splendid one to beholdLVTacoMedic is a splendid one to beholdLVTacoMedic is a splendid one to beholdLVTacoMedic is a splendid one to behold
Name: Matt
LVTacoMedic's Tacoma Gallery
I have spidertrax and love them. Got them off of a member on here for a great price. Can't go wrong with a reputable company like spidertrax IMO
Old 04-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
1YOTA6
1YOTA6 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
1YOTA6's Tacoma Gallery
I only have one experience with wheel spacers that were on a POS winter beater truck I had and in the winters up in NY with all the salt they corroded and fell apart when I took off at a stop light hahaha. I think the blue coating on the spider tracks might prevent that or so I am hoping haha