Locker 20 9.01%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
Drinknmolson is on a distinguished road
Drinknmolson's Tacoma Gallery
BFG!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #23
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Lift then tires. If you get tires now, and lift later, then youll have to buy tires again to fill in the lift. If you get a lift first, you only have to buy tires once.

Just my .02
Old 04-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #24
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Lift then tires. If you get tires now, and lift later, then youll have to buy tires again to fill in the lift. If you get a lift first, you only have to buy tires once.

Just my .02
The general consensus is you need a lift to wheel, I've seen a stock truck do pretty damn good without a lift but with a decent set of tars'
Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #25
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
The general consensus is you need a lift to wheel, I've seen a stock truck do pretty damn good without a lift but with a decent set of tars'

truth.. ive had a pathfinder and 4 runner, plus my old taco.. none with lifts.. all went places that made most people bug. very capable trucks.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #27
drinking whats on sale
92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92dlxman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92dlxman's Tacoma Gallery
get the tires. you can go down to walmart and get a set of mine $700 (or was it 750?) out the door in 265/75/16. then as long as you don't lift it 3+ inches, they still work well, look well imo. I ran factory height with these for a while. no issues. the damn exhaust crossover/ sliders are next on my list
Old 04-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #28
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I got tires first, Duratracs in 265 75 16 flavor. Minor rub, but lost the flaps and all was good. Then came the lift....5100's at 2.5 and TSB springs. My plan was to get some kind of armor but priorities change. On my second set of tires now (Hercules Trail Diggers) and planning on some armor as my next mod.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:07 PM   #29
StickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shedStickShifty is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
StickShifty's Tacoma Gallery
i would go with tires depending on what kind of lift you want and how big of a tire you want to go with. with tires you can do some mild wheeling and get started, once you get more into it or go down harder trails i would go with a lift/armor.

next, if you have the tow package i would relocate the 7 pin connector, mine has been thru hell and back, i am surprised it still works.

for tires, i love my KM2s (265/75/16 at 38PSI) took some time to get used to the ride, i also don't commute in my truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Best First Off-Road Mod-photo-20.jpg  
Old 04-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #30
RDtres is on a distinguished road
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
My suggestions is to start with every diy mod on this forum first cuz theyre cheap and awesome then bug sheild, tint, 5100 lift and save up for tires when you wear down your current rubber. Happy modding
Old 04-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #31
KevbekTacoma is a jewel in the roughKevbekTacoma is a jewel in the roughKevbekTacoma is a jewel in the roughKevbekTacoma is a jewel in the rough

Name: Kev
KevbekTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
tires.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #32
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
bought my tires first then got the lift, however i wich i got the lift first i would have got bigger tires. thats my answer.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #34
Chepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shedChepo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chepo's Tacoma Gallery
I went with armor... Sliders, then bumper, at last skid plates... They just help for protection...

If you want to improve offroad capabilities go with lift & tires... (If you do them at the same time, you can fit more rubber)
Old 04-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #35
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
tires.
tires.
tires.

did I mention tires?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

same height (though the white is on spacers/blocks)
same line
only difference is tyres
/thread
Old 04-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #36
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
IMO

1)Sliders especially since you're stock height.
2)Lift
3)tires

In that order.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 AM   #37
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
I put 275/70r/17's on my stock suspension truck, breather mod to tackle water and mud, moved the trailer connection to the bumper. My truck does awesome off road, all stock, sort of.
Got 4XInovation sliders in the mail yesterday, wheels coming from Vin at SCS Performance... Once you start there's no stopping it seems.
Lift, UCA's, skids, bumpers, lockers and gears,... damn money pit.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #38
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
All other mods are 100% useless without tires so get the tires first.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:13 AM   #39
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
I would say locker but with a budget of $1k, definitely tires and recovery gear.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:37 AM   #40
eric0947 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chuck
eric0947's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone, looks like tires win! I plan on purchasing the 245/75-16 BFGs so I dont have to worry about rubbing at the extremes of the suspension travel. Next, I'll have to start saving my pennies for some skid plates/sliders. I like the absolute protection they offer.