Notices

Led bar wiring

Old 04-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #1
Buffalo Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Evan
Buffalo Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Led bar wiring

Hello,

I have a 2008 crew cab tacoma. I bought a 14 inch led bar that i would like to put on the outside of the grille. What wiring should I buy? i would also like to put and On/Off switch where the 4x4 switch is (mine is only 2wd). Suggestions?

Evan
Old 04-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Go buy some wire, 14 gauge would be plenty think enough, I'd look at OTRATTW.com for an on/off/on switch, automotive relay from any autoparts store, an in-line fuse and possibly an add-a-circuit depending on how you want it to function. What are your plans with the on/off/on switch? They are a little more involved to wire up but not terrible.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Here is how to wire them up. You'll only have the one light, not the two but same concept.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
x2 on this

and here's where I put a switch in my 4x4 blank area to give you an idea. I honed it out with a dremel and razor knife

Get a 4x4 and you won't have to worry about what to put in that space
Old 04-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Get a 4x4 and you won't have to worry about what to put in that space
That's what she said.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
cooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of lightcooktaco is a glorious beacon of light

cooktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'll see your passenger ejection switch and raise you a sasquatch

Old 04-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
dragonle87 is on a distinguished road
dragonle87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooktaco View Post
I'll see your passenger ejection switch and raise you a sasquatch

where do you get your switches from?