Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Not sure what the problem is....

Old 04-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #21
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
I dont have the money to fix the problems. I have enough money pretty much for tie rods and lbj. I can do the tie rods on my own, but not the lbj or even the entire LCA then alignment after. Im trying to tell my dad but he doesnt really care, so I guess he will have to wait till the suspension fails and I give him a phone call that my truck is sitting on 3 wheels in the middle of the street.
If you are driving over 35mph more likely upside down in the median/ditch... LBJ failures are quite possibly worse than blowouts...
Old 04-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #22
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
I am going to try to convince my dad to help me out. He doesnt really care about car maintenance that much. He doesnt know anything about a car other than an oil change. It is sad and im not really sure how I even learned all this stuff on my own with no help from anyone (In real life at least). On the other hand the internet has done me well.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #23
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
I dont have the money to fix the problems. I have enough money pretty much for tie rods and lbj. I can do the tie rods on my own, but not the lbj or even the entire LCA then alignment after. Im trying to tell my dad but he doesnt really care, so I guess he will have to wait till the suspension fails and I give him a phone call that my truck is sitting on 3 wheels in the middle of the street.
If it's really nothing more than an annoyance, do what you can to address the worst of it. If it's dangerous, it can result in something much worse than a wait on the shoulder.

Here's a better plan. Take it to a good suspension shop (or two) for a free estimate, and ask that they make a special note for any serious safety issues they find. It won't cost you anything, and you'll have something solid to show Dad. He may be more caring if he sees how close he is to having his insurance jacked up when his 17 year old son plows into a limo full of lawyers.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #24
One Tire Fire!
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
If it's really nothing more than an annoyance, do what you can to address the worst of it. If it's dangerous, it can result in something much worse than a wait on the shoulder.

Here's a better plan. Take it to a good suspension shop (or two) for a free estimate, and ask that they make a special note for any serious safety issues they find. It won't cost you anything, and you'll have something solid to show Dad. He may be more caring if he sees how close he is to having his insurance jacked up when his 17 year old son plows into a limo full of lawyers.
I know a good suspension shop, so I think ill take it in this saturday morning. (If I havent already crashed by then lol)