Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Squeaky Leafs are driving me crazy

Old 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #21
slowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shedslowmachine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired
Name: Mike
slowmachine's Tacoma Gallery
Teflon spring liners?

Mike
Old 04-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #22
yota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyota243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: E.J.
yota243's Tacoma Gallery
i did the fix that was on the link and it works for about a year using the inner tube from an old tractor tire. it wore out i guess and this time i took 1/2" x 3" sections of sidewall from an old car tire and got that in between the 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd leaf on both sides front and back (like in front of axle and behind axle not front and back of truck). I imagine it will be some time before they were out, and i prolly got a a 1/2" lift for the back of my truck out of the deal for free.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:45 PM   #23
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
could be the bushings.. just take it back to the dealer.
my dakar springs are squeeking at the bushings.. dealer is replacing at no cost.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #24
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
could be the bushings.. just take it back to the dealer.
my dakar springs are squeeking at the bushings.. dealer is replacing at no cost.
If it is the front , bet you it's not the bushings
Old 04-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #25
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
If it is the front , bet you it's not the bushings

its the front of the rear springs if thats what you mean.. back to dealer twice for the issue.. they talked with arb and are replacing the entire springpack and bushings.. have you had this issue or something?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #26
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
its the front of the rear springs if thats what you mean.. back to dealer twice for the issue.. they talked with arb and are replacing the entire springpack and bushings.. have you had this issue or something?
yap

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...52#post3371352
Old 04-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
Bad Spuller

awesome OZ.. thanks for the info.. I responded on your thread so as to not derail this one.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #28
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
TSB leaf bushings. About 20 bucks from the dealer. Replaced my worn out crappy ones with the new thicker rubber ones. Issue solved.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #29
beaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeaver_scott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: scott
beaver_scott's Tacoma Gallery
my truck did that when I first bought it. I used to spray wd40 all the time to quiet it down...then I got tired of spraying and stopped. amazingly they stopped squeaking on their own. in the meantime get a magnaflow.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #30
Ben550 is on a distinguished road

Ben550's Tacoma Gallery
My springs didnt start leaking till i did some off roading in wet sand. once the sand got in the springs it never came out. I power washed it, greased it, put rubber inbetween the springs, but nothing worked except monthly grease projects.

the TSB fix should have been standard out of the factory.

It was embarrassing driving around in a truck that squeaks its way down the road... haha
Old 08-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #31
TYetti is on a distinguished road

Name: Mat
TYetti's Tacoma Gallery
Every time I go to the dealer they're like it's out of warranty tfb, I just turn up the tunes, I find afterror a day or two of non muddy wheeling flexing the hell out of the springs they stop squeaking for a bit, it's not anything as bad as my work truck so it's never really bothered me
Old 08-26-2014, 03:10 PM   #32
smith945 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
smith945's Tacoma Gallery
Fluid Film has quieted my Dakars down for at least a month now with many trips out on the beach, down some hunting trails, and the wash downs that go along with those trips.

Also it's good for stopping the rust, my local autozone is carrying it now.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #33
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smith945 View Post
Fluid Film has quieted my Dakars down for at least a month now with many trips out on the beach, down some hunting trails, and the wash downs that go along with those trips.

Also it's good for stopping the rust, my local autozone is carrying it now.
You're in SE Mass? Which Auto Zone? It'll stop my annual trips to Grainger if they have the spray can and the gallon spray.

Mine are awful...I should do something, but they'll likely tell me what they told me when I complained about the standard vibes..."oh, you have very aggressive tires" or my personal favorite "operating as designed."

Maybe my next oil change I'll mention it.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #34
smith945 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
smith945's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyMcFly View Post
You're in SE Mass? Which Auto Zone? It'll stop my annual trips to Grainger if they have the spray can and the gallon spray.

Mine are awful...I should do something, but they'll likely tell me what they told me when I complained about the standard vibes..."oh, you have very aggressive tires" or my personal favorite "operating as designed."

Maybe my next oil change I'll mention it.
No gallon jugs as of yet but they have the aerosol cans. Kingston is where I found it. I was told if it sells well then they will expand the line.