Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2013 Squeaky Leafs are driving me crazy

Old 04-17-2013, 11:22 PM   #1
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Name: Brandon
senojeelnodnarb's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Squeaky Leafs are driving me crazy

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a problem.
But my rear leafs squeaky every little bump i hit (from the little markers on highway to speed bumps). its an irritating squeak that is driving me crazy. i ordered the truck and have had it since OCT so i know no one else has done anything to it. just wondering if anyone else has come across this?
Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Mine started the squeeks within the first few weeks that I drove it off the lot.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
Jimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MT1 (SS) retired
Jimmyh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
did you ever fix the squeak? my 2010 base reg cab only squeaked if i was in the bed.

Step 1. Take it to the dealer service department...
Old 04-18-2013, 01:26 AM   #5
senojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenojeelnodnarb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aircraft Metals Technician (Machinist/Welder) 15th MXS Hickam AFB, HI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyh View Post
Step 1. Take it to the dealer service department...
well ive heard terrible things about the dealer here. and dont want them to say "they do that".
Old 04-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #6
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojeelnodnarb View Post
did you ever fix the squeak? my 2010 base reg cab only squeaked if i was in the bed.
Pressure washing the rear leaf springs got rid of it for a while but it comes back.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warputer View Post
Pressure washing the rear leaf springs got rid of it for a while but it comes back.
i was thinking pressure washer/ WD40/ AAL/ or of course stealership
Old 04-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #8
tnttse is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-leaf-fix.html

or you could turn the volume up.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #9
tnttse is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
tnttse's Tacoma Gallery
error
Old 04-18-2013, 03:00 AM   #10
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
I go threw a can of WD-40 every month!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #11
Raoul Duke is on a distinguished road

Name: CJ
Raoul Duke's Tacoma Gallery
glad its not just me!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #12
327 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
327's Tacoma Gallery
My '06 did this after only having it for a short time... I can't believe Toyota hasn't fixed this yet!

It is very disappointing if the new Tacomas are still doing this...
Old 04-18-2013, 06:54 AM   #13
jeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffvt0508 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
jeffvt0508's Tacoma Gallery
I use White Lithium Grease... it lasts a long time..
Old 04-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #14
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnttse View Post

best thread for fixes
yes had squeak in 2006
so far no squeak in 2013
Old 04-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnttse View Post
Tried that haha. But I like rolling the windows down. And you know how bad the stock stereos are
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #16
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
go spend a pile of money on some nice ome dakars, then get annoyed when those f'ers squeak too!! my dakars are worse than the crap stock springs were, but it is intermittent.. annoying but i've learned to live with it.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #17
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
go spend a pile of money on some nice ome dakars, then get annoyed when those f'ers squeak too!! my dakars are worse than the crap stock springs were, but it is intermittent.. annoying but i've learned to live with it.
EPDM
Old 04-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #18
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
My leafs where squeaking at the bushings. I tried WD40 it only lasted about a week and the squeak returned. I soaked them down real good with a silicone spray and its been quite for about 5 months now.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #19
ANoodle is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
ANoodle's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I'm not the only one, man it gets on my nerves. I plan on pressure washing the leafs, take the rear tires off and use simple green first, then pressure wash, then the White Lithium Grease
Old 04-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #20
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 327 View Post
My '06 did this after only having it for a short time... I can't believe Toyota hasn't fixed this yet!

It is very disappointing if the new Tacomas are still doing this...
They have. Here

They still use the old crap and replace them with this when needed. I installed these in mine a few months back. No more squeak.

Edit: Been discussed here. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...af-fix-17.html