Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

should i buy the truck or not?

Old 02-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #1
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Question should i buy the truck or not?

i am going to boot for the airforce in less then a month and me and my wife want to get stationed in Europe- should i go and buy my dream truck now with the prices as they are right now?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Personally I would not buy it just to have it sit until you get back from Europe. I really don't see the prices increasing dramatically any time soon.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
Well, assuming that you aren't taking the truck with you, I'd wait until you're back in the US.Your truck would be sitting for a long time. Anything that sits for too long isn't a good thing: Seals harden up, gas and oil go bad, battery goes bad, etc etc etc. Doesn't seem worth it to me. Besides, the prices don't seem fantastic enough to make it a signifigantly better deal. The recession will probably be around for awhile, so I think you'll be good to go when you come back.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
ON second thought you can buy it, leave it with me and I will drive it for you until you get back. That way the truck does not have to sit
Old 02-17-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
2009Taco is on a distinguished road
Navy: Information Systems Technician, Second Class
2009Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2009Taco
if they will take your vehicles over, i would. if it's a long enough tour, they should.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #7
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
i see...

3 years is what they are saying right now, i have a 06 but im torn between paying 350 for a truck for 3 years just to pay it off and sell it back and then buy it.
550/month is worth it but cant take the truck and drive it in Europe anywhere.

but it is the DREAM TRUCK. you guys know that one,
mine is the new pyrite mica one with the 6speed manual 4.0l v6 4x4 double cab... i want it so bad and they have it and flaunt it in my face callin me every so often and telling me they can get sold for 28,900 for the trd sport with the trade in.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #9
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
If it were me I'd sell the one you've got, keep the cash, buy when you get back. The Tacoma is supposedly going to be re-designed in 2012, or about the same time you're getting back. If you buy one now, in three years it'll be the "old style".
Old 02-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #10
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I don't know what you are doing right now or what your personal finances look like- But I would hold off making a big decision like that right now...

Hold on to what you got and get thru boot and see what is best when you get done from there. There will always be another truck- or you can have them build the perfect on when you come back.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:31 PM   #11
dtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dtacow's Tacoma Gallery
If you are in Europe, you should buy a Hilux, then try to bring it back to the states when you return.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #12

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
hilux

i was thinking a lambo can be bought for like 18000 over there.
if i liked riding in a car that gets worst mileage then a tundra with maxed out payload and trailer.

but i think your right but having said that you are just jelious that i wanted to buy a new rig. haha

2012........3rd gen.............hummmm........sounds......good.... .(slurp)
had to get the drool off my chin!
Old 02-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #13
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Definitely wait, and sell your current truck before you go. There's no point in keeping it if you're not going to keep it anyway. That way you can save up while you're gone, put that money you were chunking in the old for a down payment on the new... get a lower payment in the end with the truck you really want... all without not missing it while you're gone. That'd drive me nuts knowing I have a new truck sitting at home, unable to use it for 3 years.... ..... ....
Old 02-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #14
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Don't want to burst your bubble here, but just because you WANT to get stationed in Europe, doesn't mean you will. Go to any base and ask how many (on the east coast) wanted the west coast and vise versa. You could end up in FL or Korea or Hawaii or close to where you are now. You have boot and part of tech school before you find out where you will be going. That could be only three months or 9 months (depending on your job-length of school) Just wait and if you are only talking a few months, the '09s will be on the way out and the '10's on the way in....

(Don't believe everything your recruiter tells you - get it in writing or IT WAS NEVER SAID!!)
Old 02-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #15
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacow View Post
If you are in Europe, you should buy a Hilux, then try to bring it back to the states when you return.

yup...
Old 02-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #16

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Don't want to burst your bubble here, but just because you WANT to get stationed in Europe, doesn't mean you will. Go to any base and ask how many (on the east coast) wanted the west coast and vise versa. You could end up in FL or Korea or Hawaii or close to where you are now. You have boot and part of tech school before you find out where you will be going. That could be only three months or 9 months (depending on your job-length of school) Just wait and if you are only talking a few months, the '09s will be on the way out and the '10's on the way in....

(Don't believe everything your recruiter tells you - get it in writing or IT WAS NEVER SAID!!)
ok i understand, air traffic control is weird because both my uncle and father are retired air control. they said, for us it is weird, we just get stationed, no real deployments (unless you request) but the chance is still there. so i kinda know whats going on. but i guess you are talking from experience, plus you are in now so you would know and i love the feedback.
PS recruiters ARE liars!!!! they would lie to anyone to boost the numbers!
but i got most of my stuff in writing. so im stoked. but i hear you man.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Dutchy 06, 7 east of Serra, turn right heading 230, maintain at or above 6,500 until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 approach.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #19
foxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura about
Marines: mals 13 airframes
Name: doug
foxracinfor20's Tacoma Gallery
i was in marine corps i asked for east coast i got yuma az the east coast of california and the hottest fucking place in the us especially on the flightline
Old 02-17-2009, 08:24 PM   #20
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztx1000 View Post
3 years is what they are saying right now, i have a 06 but im torn between paying 350 for a truck for 3 years just to pay it off and sell it back and then buy it.
550/month is worth it but cant take the truck and drive it in Europe anywhere.

but it is the DREAM TRUCK. you guys know that one,
mine is the new pyrite mica one with the 6speed manual 4.0l v6 4x4 double cab... i want it so bad and they have it and flaunt it in my face callin me every so often and telling me they can get sold for 28,900 for the trd sport with the trade in.

You can get 28,900 without the trade in. Sounds like they aren't giving anything for your truck.

I would keep your truck till it is paid for, or sell it yourself. That is if you can take the truck with you. I would go buying a new one for it to sit & lose value for 3 years.