Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Demello bumpers and sliders on a 2013

Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #21
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Damn...
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #22
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbechtold View Post
I assume you're talking about the backup lights down low in the bumper? Hadn't thought of it, but that's a good idea.
Yes. Not necessary, but it's such a good job, that's the only improvement I could think of.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #23
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great OP. Are those 255 85 16 KM2's?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #25
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
looks bad ass and i have talked to the guys down at demello they make awesome products
Old 04-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #26
JDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JDEMELLO's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the kind words. We've been building bumpers like this for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Truck looks awesome!

Did Demello keeps the plans for that rear bumper?
We have been building them like this for years but they are a custom product and kinda pricey given the time and energy that goes into one.

Here are some others we've done.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #28
JDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDEMELLO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
^^ Great pics! What's pricey? Feel free to PM me...
Seems like the lower bumper could be most generic for you, but it's the placement of wheel, gas tanks, hi-lift mount, etc where it gets much more custom. Is that a good assumption?

Yes that is correct, and it also depends on options and if we add them. Most rear bumpers start around 2k with just a simple swing out and can go up to the 4-5k range with a lot of options. Most are in the 3k range.

It just adds up.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #29
SAC'D FJC
sbechtold is on a distinguished road

sbechtold's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Truck looks great OP. Are those 255 85 16 KM2's?
Thank you. Yes. 255/85R16 KM2 on TRD FJ Cruiser wheels. Running Icon extended coilovers up front and Icon add-a-leaf with remote resi shocks in the rear.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #30
SAC'D FJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEMELLO View Post
Yes that is correct, and it also depends on options and if we add them.
Thank you again Jason for building me another great rig... it looks great.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #31
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbechtold View Post
Thank you. Yes. 255/85R16 KM2 on TRD FJ Cruiser wheels. Running Icon extended coilovers up front and Icon add-a-leaf with remote resi shocks in the rear.
Awesome thanks for the specs. If I had skinnier wheels I would probably go this route, I just feel like my 16x8's Countersteers would be pushing it. So 285 75 16's it is.

Demello - I'm curious why the hitch receiver was added below the bumper line on the OP's truck, instead of integrated directly into the bumper like on this truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEMELLO View Post

To get the tow ball lower?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Awesome thanks for the specs. If I had skinnier wheels I would probably go this route, I just feel like my 16x8's Countersteers would be pushing it. So 285 75 16's it is.

Demello - I'm curious why the hitch receiver was added below the bumper line on the OP's truck, instead of integrated directly into the bumper like on this truck?

To get the tow ball lower?

To make it stronger and lower. Just depends what the person is using it for.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #34
SAC'D FJC

Picked up the truck today...

Today, my son and I flew down and picked up my Tacoma from Jason. All I can say is "Thank you Jason"... everything turned out great. Super pleased with design and quality as usual. My son snapped a few pictures right after we made it home. Please excuse the bugs...

Old 04-28-2013, 12:06 AM   #36
Steve33fish is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Steve33fish's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome rig! Btw what's your mpg on those 255 tires?
Old 04-28-2013, 12:10 AM   #37
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve33fish View Post
If you're interested in the pros & cons of that size, this is the thread for you. Here's a stagnant one with some more info.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #38
SAC'D FJC

Quote:
Dang. That looks awesome! Well done!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve33fish View Post
Thank you. Stock I was getting 19.5mpg back and forth to work. With tires, wheels and lift I was getting 19. I'm sure it will go down now with the steel I added. Truck only has 2k miles on it of which 800+ was back and forth to Demello, so I don't think the numbers I've seen thus far are really representative of what I should expect. I expect to land somewhere in the 17+ mpg range.

I've always had wide tires on all my trucks. I must say that thus far I really like the 255's. I'll have to wait and see how well they do offroad and in the snow.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #39
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Awesome truck!!! Wish Jason would get rid of that gap on the front bumper right below the grille