Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2012 Tacoma Dbl Cab 4X4

Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
Monster1 is on a distinguished road
Army: 11th Infantry (radio man)
Monster1's Tacoma Gallery
2012 Tacoma Dbl Cab 4X4

I have a question on the leaf springs, I installed a 1.5" AAL and on the left side the springs are starting to slide just a little off center, how do I go about tightening the center bolt since I already cut the top to about 1/4" after the installation? The whole bolt just rotates when I try to tighten it, I want to know how I should go about getting the bolt tight. I looked on the forum and couldn't find any past experiences on this type of problem, maybe I just didn't look hard enough, I don't know, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #2
fireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud offireroad has much to be proud of
fireroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster1 View Post
I have a question on the leaf springs, I installed a 1.5" AAL and on the left side the springs are starting to slide just a little off center, how do I go about tightening the center bolt since I already cut the top to about 1/4" after the installation? The whole bolt just rotates when I try to tighten it, I want to know how I should go about getting the bolt tight. I looked on the forum and couldn't find any past experiences on this type of problem, maybe I just didn't look hard enough, I don't know, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If you are going to try and tighten the centering pin any more you will need to be able to get underneath it and get a vise grip on the head that lines up with the divot on the axle. My understanding is that the centering pin just holds the leaves together until you get the U bolts on and tightened. Try loosening the U bolts and re-centering the pack then tighten the U bolts to spec. I am going to tackle installing my AAL this weekend so I may have some insight after the fact. You may want to check your local parts store to see if you can get a new centering pin.