1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

KBB vs Edmunds and NADA

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by stump jumper, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM
    stump jumper

stump jumper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra 4x4 CM TSS
    I am getting a big diff, $2 - 3K, between KBB and the other 2. Which one is closer? NADA and Edmunds seem to more in line with what I am seeing on the dealer lots. 2009 Prerunner, DCSB, TRD OR. Is this a dealer conspirarcy? Use KBB for trades and the others when selling.

2. Apr 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM
    nathan3306

nathan3306 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Charleston AFB, SC
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 DC 4X4
    Most if not all dealers use black book when dealing with used cars. Completely different than those three.

If you are buying a used car, get a quote from all three for trade in values. That is where I would start my negotiations. Not what they have the car listed for.

If you are trading in then start around private party value but don't expect them to pay that but do not take less than trade in value.

I would use all three and come up with an average price. Check ebay and local listings to see what that particular vehicle is going for.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top