Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

KBB vs Edmunds and NADA

Old 04-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
KBB vs Edmunds and NADA

I am getting a big diff, $2 - 3K, between KBB and the other 2. Which one is closer? NADA and Edmunds seem to more in line with what I am seeing on the dealer lots. 2009 Prerunner, DCSB, TRD OR. Is this a dealer conspirarcy? Use KBB for trades and the others when selling.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
nathan3306 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: AMMO
Name: Nathan
nathan3306's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stump jumper View Post
I am getting a big diff, $2 - 3K, between KBB and the other 2. Which one is closer? NADA and Edmunds seem to more in line with what I am seeing on the dealer lots. 2009 Prerunner, DCSB, TRD OR. Is this a dealer conspirarcy? Use KBB for trades and the others when selling.
Most if not all dealers use black book when dealing with used cars. Completely different than those three.

If you are buying a used car, get a quote from all three for trade in values. That is where I would start my negotiations. Not what they have the car listed for.

If you are trading in then start around private party value but don't expect them to pay that but do not take less than trade in value.

I would use all three and come up with an average price. Check ebay and local listings to see what that particular vehicle is going for.