Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Broken leaf springs

Old 04-19-2013, 06:22 PM   #21
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
myself and three other tacoma owners i talk with regularly have all broken leaf springs under regular driving conditions with mild wheeling.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #22
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
thats odd
Old 04-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #23
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post
myself and three other tacoma owners i talk with regularly have all broken leaf springs under regular driving conditions with mild wheeling.
I know a guy here that had the same thing happen
Old 04-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #24
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
What about U bolt torque ?
Probably wouldn't be a factor other than a loose & weird ride, but if the centerpin is loose or possibly sheared it could def. be a factor, because its allowing the leafs to chaffe against each other & "slam" together because of the loose/sheared pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoffensive View Post
lol how about a pic of your "driveway" lol
x2 & some pics would speak volumes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzr2 View Post

No offense but I'm having a problem accepting that as a viable statement, meaning I'm not saying your statement isn't true, just saying theres got to be something else going on to cause these breaks..
Old 04-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #25
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Lift it and get some dakars, problem solved their about $400 for a set.

Brett
Old 04-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #26
Mexicanjumpingoat is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
Mexicanjumpingoat's Tacoma Gallery
Best I could do for the leaf it's pouring rain no pix of the road though not home tonight.Broken leaf springs-image.jpg
Old 04-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #27
Broken leaf springs-image.jpg
Old 04-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #29
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya crap those things are shot! How many miles ya got on them? Looks like you hit the bump stops quite a bit.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 04-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #30
That's not salt it's the reflection in the water stuck in the mud from my camera flash
Old 04-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
Ya crap those things are shot! How many miles ya got on them? Looks like you hit the bump stops quite a bit.

Thanks,

Brett
That's the drivers side and it has about 120k miles on it when the passenger side broke the second time it had about 5k miles on it
Old 04-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Are you kidding me ?? Look at all that shit on your under carriage/leafs included... Is that salt ??....

Ya right!? Got to remember we are from Cali

Thanks,

Brett
Old 04-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #33
Like I said its pouring rain out also I just drove to the store so the underside is wet and a bit muddy
Old 04-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #34
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicanjumpingoat View Post
That's not salt it's the reflection in the water stuck in the mud from my camera flash

Ok, I'll give ya that one,Do I see a pretty large gap between the main & next spring down ? Or maybe a shadow??... & you say the pass. side broke for a 2nd time with 5K, 2 questions (& be honest here) Are you loading/hauling some heavy weight ?? & what is the local status on this "spring shop" you've been to..??
Old 04-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #35
The most weight I've had in the bed of my truck this year is 200lbs of grain 4 50lb bags as for the spring shop they are the ones that do the springs for all the big trucks in the central vt area their name is on the mud flaps of 90% of the commercial trucks in town (dump trucks, big rigs the like)

Also yes that is a very large gap as you can see from the second pic I put up the front of the center leaf is about 5 inches in front of the front spring perch
Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #36
Syncros is on a distinguished road
Syncros's Tacoma Gallery
What condition are the shocks in?