Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Miss my truck! and feel so ashamed!!

Old 02-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Miss my truck! and feel so ashamed!!

well i finally got the call that my parts are in for the rear suspension tsb today! dropped the truck off and the service advisor said he would hook me up with a rental car for free for tonight and tomorrow. he mentioned a camry or a corolla so i thought ok thats not bad. well discount pics me up and drops me off to fill out the paper work and tells me my rental is sitting in front of the doors.......a friggin bright blue matrix! dont get me wrong, bright blue isn't bad (swb) but on a matrix is just looks.....don't know which word to use not to offend anyone but you get my drift! what a friggin change to go from a bsp 4 dr tacoma to a friggin bright blue matrix. i'm gonna be the laughed off the job site tomorrow......and i already miss my truck!

ranting done!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #2
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
SWB? Is it one of the M-Theory editions? That's the only color they come in.

Marc M
Old 02-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
nah its not actually swb. its friggin bright blue thats all i know! i think its just a regular xr package, nothin special
Old 02-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #4
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
If I lived in your neck of the woods I would give you a ride in my truck to you job site!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #5
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
I dunno,I always thought the Matrix was kind of a cool car......If my wife and I were younger and had no kids,I bet that we'd have one.Don't think I've seen the blue that you're speaking of....Bad huh?
Old 02-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
you better baja that shit!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
foxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura aboutfoxracinfor20 has a spectacular aura about
Marines: mals 13 airframes
Name: doug
foxracinfor20's Tacoma Gallery
the matrix is a corolla and the color is close to the swb but its blue streak metallic the matrix can be a fun car to drive especially the xrs or s all wheel drive if i needed small family car or a car for gas mileage id be all over it
Old 02-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #9
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
This the one?

Old 02-17-2009, 05:43 PM   #10
trd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrd2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
trd2001's Tacoma Gallery
Beats walking. The last time i took my truck in, i had to use my Nike's to get me around.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #11

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
lol, thats the blue thing sitting in my driveway Squad314!!! thanks for the offer surfsupl! the matrix isnt a bad car, as long as its not so bright! the only thing i have to say that toyota totally failed on with this car is the instrument panel. its very packed, has too much white and red background with a red needle, i found myself always trying to find the needle when i was driving it tonight.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #12
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
I know how you feel, the last time I took my wifes Explorer in they gave me a bone stock Focus. It was a pretty sweet ride...
Old 02-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #13

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
you better baja that shit!
lol i wish i could baja this thing! too bad discount is soo anal about all the lil details...i can get in shit for rock chips on the hood, like come on thats frigging out of my control with all the salt and rocks on the roadways!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #14

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshest View Post
I know how you feel, the last time I took my wifes Explorer in they gave me a bone stock Focus. It was a pretty sweet ride...
hahaha ahh yes a ford focus...my father in law had a focus. damn thing would lose traction on morning dew on the roads. finally convinced him to buy a camry after his back gave out, now he doesnt complain one bit!
Old 02-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #15
kubota man is on a distinguished road
kubota man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
well i finally got the call that my parts are in for the rear suspension tsb today! dropped the truck off and the service advisor said he would hook me up with a rental car for free for tonight and tomorrow. he mentioned a camry or a corolla so i thought ok thats not bad. well discount pics me up and drops me off to fill out the paper work and tells me my rental is sitting in front of the doors.......a friggin bright blue matrix! dont get me wrong, bright blue isn't bad (swb) but on a matrix is just looks.....don't know which word to use not to offend anyone but you get my drift! what a friggin change to go from a bsp 4 dr tacoma to a friggin bright blue matrix. i'm gonna be the laughed off the job site tomorrow......and i already miss my truck!

ranting done!
i dont understand why you had to have a rental it only took them 2 hours to do my rear tsb
Old 02-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #16

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubota man View Post
i dont understand why you had to have a rental it only took them 2 hours to do my rear tsb

they are squeaking me into a busy day and since i work a good ways away and the wife needs her car tomorrow, this was their solution!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #17
kubota man is on a distinguished road
kubota man's Tacoma Gallery
i hear you about the wife. the worst thing is to have to depend on them for a ride you made the right choice man
Old 02-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #18
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I had a matrix for a rental once. I put it in park, released the break.. and it lurched forward, apparently still locked in drive.

yea.

Did I mention I was 'parked' with the nose facing up a hill?
Old 02-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #19

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
ahh i finally got my truck back! no more bright blue matrix. from multiple measurements i have to say that the rear end has raised about 1"1/4 to 1"3/8. nailed a few bumps on my way home and no bottoming out!
Old 02-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #20

Firefighter:
Glad it worked out for you AK!