1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can the park lights be turned off

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wv Jim, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Apr 20, 2013 at 4:44 AM
    wv Jim

wv Jim [OP] wv Jim

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Elkins, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD sport Indago ink
    3" Toytec lift
    I have a 2008 Tacoma sport. With the ignition switch turned to accessory the park lights stay on. Is there a way that you can turn the switch to accessory and not have the park lights on?

2. Apr 20, 2013 at 6:10 AM
    PSJ

PSJ Prerunners Work

Member:
    Sebastian Inlet
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab Prerunner
    Rear Leaf spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's all around w/ front set at 1.75", 265/75R/16 Mickey Thompson Baja STZ's, Trailer hitch w/custom wiring, AFE drop in dry filter, Rear Diff breather mod, Debadged truck, customized stock TRD wheel center caps, added factory fog lights, bed mat, door sills, tinted windows
    Do you mean the DRL's?

3. Apr 20, 2013 at 6:16 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
  4. Apr 20, 2013 at 6:28 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Not sure if it's an option on the Tacoma (mine doesn't have DTRL), but some of the Camrys do have a DTRL option on the headlight switch.

5. Apr 20, 2013 at 7:47 AM
    08TacoTrD

08TacoTrD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad
    5100's and 883 OME Coils TRD Exhaust Deaver 1.5" AAL Rear Differential Breather Extension, 4WD Light, Tailgate Pipe clamp, Fog lights on while High Beams on, Carrier Bearing flip
    My 08 doesn't have DTRLs. Turn the switch on the stalk to off and they turn off.

6. Apr 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    wv Jim

wv Jim [OP] wv Jim

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Elkins, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD sport Indago ink
    3" Toytec lift
    Are you calling the DTRL's the ones in the front bumper? If so I don't have a problem with them. What I'm talking about are the four corner/marker lights front and back. Thanks

7. Apr 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM
    08TacoTrD

08TacoTrD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad
    5100's and 883 OME Coils TRD Exhaust Deaver 1.5" AAL Rear Differential Breather Extension, 4WD Light, Tailgate Pipe clamp, Fog lights on while High Beams on, Carrier Bearing flip
    The ones in the bumper are the fog lights and without modding them they only come on with the headlights.

Look up the mods for DTRL for turning them off if you have them on yours. Like I mentioned above I don't and I can turn the markers off using the switch on the stalk. It has off, marker lights then headlights on it. With the marker selection represented by a single line between off and on. Good luck with your quest.

Products Discussed in

To Top