Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Totalled my 2011...2013, here I come!!!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
Rollin77 is on a distinguished road
Rollin77's Tacoma Gallery
Totalled my 2011...2013, here I come!!!

So I was in an accident with a transport and another truck, to the end result being my truck a total write off. Sucks because she had everything I wanted, supercharged, exhaust, full stereo- DVD touchscreen nav satellite, etc.. Now I need to start over!! I'm wondering if my new truck not being supercharged is going to bore me, although the gas savings will be nice!! I was getting anout 330 miles to a tank and thats driving it pretty conservely!!
I'm in a rental now a brand new Ram and I never thought I'd say it, but this truck is really nice! Gorgeous interior, rides like a dream and lots of great features! But I'm staying Toyota!!! Has anything changed as far as doing the foglight mod (without the heads being on?).. Probably go next week to get the new truck...
Old 04-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
Simon SEZ
slcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslcsez2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Simon
slcsez2000's Tacoma Gallery
did all those after market parts get "destroyed"? Hell I would go start pulling what was still goo off of it if not! Did that with my honda especially since the insurance wasn't giving me crap i went to the place it was at and started taking headlights, taillights, intake, exhaust, audio equipment. everything.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #3
Do or Do not there is no try.
Toyoda Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Toyoda Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I agree. Salvage that stuff if you can.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
Rollin77 is on a distinguished road
Rollin77's Tacoma Gallery
They're paying me out for the blower and exhaust, the stereo I can go take, HIDs were destroyed along with my extant cover..
That's why I wonder if I should supercharge it again or save big time on the gas?!! And premium at that!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
heavtritefoot is on a distinguished road
Name: ken
heavtritefoot's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin77 View Post
So I was in an accident with a transport and another truck, to the end result being my truck a total write off. Sucks because she had everything I wanted, supercharged, exhaust, full stereo- DVD touchscreen nav satellite, etc.. Now I need to start over!! I'm wondering if my new truck not being supercharged is going to bore me, although the gas savings will be nice!! I was getting anout 330 miles to a tank and thats driving it pretty conservely!!
I'm in a rental now a brand new Ram and I never thought I'd say it, but this truck is really nice! Gorgeous interior, rides like a dream and lots of great features! But I'm staying Toyota!!! Has anything changed as far as doing the foglight mod (without the heads being on?).. Probably go next week to get the new truck...
I bought a 2011 6 speed manual a few months ago and Im already deciding to get rid of it. Would like a bigger box for camping and a dirtbike, more power and better fuel economy compared with bigger trucks like Ford,Chev and Dodge. Im also stuck on the Tacoma also and manual shifting and the killer looks of it. Try some domestic trucks out there wish I would of done the same. All in all Ill probably keep the truck for 15 years. Hope your in good health.Cheers
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
you wont get 330 to a tank non-supercharged
Old 04-20-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
GTOJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTOJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTOJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTOJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTOJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTOJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTOJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTOJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTOJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTOJim is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTOJim is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
GTOJim's Tacoma Gallery
Longest I've stretched a tank is 425 miles, 24mpg, V6 engine.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #8
MikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyMcFly is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MikeyMcFly's Tacoma Gallery
Spend the 5 grand for the supercharger on a Fox-body. I'm not a Mustang guy myself, but a ratty base car and 4K into the motor and you'd be just as quick as a supercharged Tacoma...plus, it's a fantastic justification for a second car