Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Drive Shaft Blew Up!

Old 04-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #41
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulhas View Post
WOW i bet you Carrier bearing is toast too
Time for a one piece TW.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #42
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Round II View Post
Time for a one piece TW.
fuck one pieces, i like my drive shafts to not hit rocks :P
Old 04-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #43
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
fuck one pieces, i like my drive shafts to not hit rocks :P
Im running a one piece but not to much room for a carrier under my truck.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #44
the habs fan
bulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shedbulhas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
no fair I have twice the length of truck than you do :P

also im getting impatient for my crawl box to show up
Old 04-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #45
Member #12005
Quote:
no fair I have twice the length of truck than you do :P

also im getting impatient for my crawl box to show up
I would say come wheel with us next month in May but its one long ass drive from Edmonton to Temiscaming.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #46
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
holy yah lol!!!! Maybe next time im in Burlington for work Ill swing north lol

BTW is your t-case mount bolted to your skid???

oh nvm I see you deleted your cross member and tucked it up
Old 04-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #47
Member #12005
Quote:
holy yah lol!!!! Maybe next time im in Burlington for work Ill swing north lol

BTW is your t-case mount bolted to your skid???

oh nvm I see you deleted your cross member and tucked it up
Yea cut that POS X-member out and flat bellied it with a custom X- member.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #48
Sconnie
mudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shedmudthedoor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
mudthedoor's Tacoma Gallery
Had the same thing happen to my T100, but i didn't lose the whole shaft... Just lost one of the u joints before the carrier bearing... Scary shit tho....
Old 04-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #49
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I will be doing the same, but initial install and to not have to re do my skids Im staying with factory cross member until after moab
Old 04-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #50
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
double kardan blew. a GOOD shop can rebuild it/balance it. a crappy shop will try and sell you a double kardan.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #51
Member #12005
Quote:
I will be doing the same, but initial install and to not have to re do my skids Im staying with factory cross member until after moab
Moab is a blast had great time the last 3 years, not going this year instead going to Canada...
Old 04-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #52
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Moab is a blast had great time the last 3 years, not going this year instead going to Canada...
did Moab last year I plan every two years though after this year, i think Rubi next year though

anyways off topic hahaha

it may be cheaper in your case to go with a one piece
Old 04-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #53
Member #12005
Quote:
i think Rubi next year though
Nice I actually grew up about 15 miles from the Rubicon.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #54
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:

We want a how-to with pics
Old 04-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #55
the habs fan

bulhas's Tacoma Gallery
we have totally de railed this thread lol
Old 04-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #56
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/376056_10151636957850229_1088502683_n.jpghttps://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/408723_10151636957940229_667679490_n.jpg
See how far your yoke was being pulled out of the transmission. You need a longer driveshaft or a spacer to push the shaft further up in the transmission like it should be. Also you put added strain on your carrier bearing with the driveshaft being like that.

Pic also added on how your yoke should be in the transmission
Attached Thumbnails
Drive Shaft Blew Up!-dsc00009.jpg   Drive Shaft Blew Up!-1b42bb27-2da8-4afb-a822-5321882196b2-5963-000002fa404442fc.jpg  
Old 04-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #57
hetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shedhetkind is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
Pull the driveshaft and get it to a good driveshaft shop...the hot rodders and the heavy truckers should know. I don't know if those shafts are steel or aluminum, but have them build you a nice two piece steel shaft, with greaseable u-joints.

And have Borla build you a decent exhaust, their plant is 10 miles from the house.

Howard
Old 04-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #58
Member #12005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
We want a how-to with pics
I did a write up with pics...I think its on TTORA been a while???
Quote:
we have totally de railed this thread lol
It happens....
Old 04-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #59
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
See how far your yoke was being pulled out of the transmission. You need a longer driveshaft or a spacer to push the shaft further up in the transmission like it should be. Also you put added strain on your carrier bearing with the driveshaft being like that.

Pic also added on how your yoke should be in the transmission
I just bought new u-bolts but they didn't have a new yoke so I'm waiting to get them from the dealership. Where do I get the spacers?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #60
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
I just bought new u-bolts but they didn't have a new yoke so I'm waiting to get them from the dealership. Where do I get the spacers?

2wd 05-13 Tacoma's (The 65x65mm is the one that fits). Here is a link to his site. http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/DriveshaftSpacer.shtml

I run the 1.25 spacer since my truck is lifted 4" in rear so you should probably be ok with just a 1". Also I would recommend a beefed taco carrier bearing drop bracket.

http://stores.streetacos.com/-strse-...ion/Detail.bok

add these along w a new carrier bearing, u joints and your yoke and you should be golden.